Is there any way to confirm an application is using CUDA?

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
The visual profiler that came with CUDA gives an error when I attempt to profile this application. The error message is along the lines of "Error in profiler output.".

Is there any way to confirm the application I'm testing is indeed using CUDA on the GPU?

Well I would like to see the amount the GPU is actually being stressed with this particular CUDA program. Whether or not it's efficiently using the GPU.

CoW]8(0);1035298228 said:
Well I would like to see the amount the GPU is actually being stressed with this particular CUDA program. Whether or not it's efficiently using the GPU.

That's a little more tricky. You could look at your GPU temp and compare it to a game or something.

Does Nvidia have something similar to ATI's over drive? in there you get a guage that says %GPU used. I know Nvidia used to have one in the 6800GT days, when I was running 6800GT SLI you could turn on this green "overlay" that would show you GPU usage (and show you GPU% usage between the 2 in SLI) , it would even show you the scissor slice position for SLI in scissor mode.

Coil whine? Sorry, I'm just being a smart ass, but it might be true for >50% of us.

CoW]8(0);1035298228 said:

most cuda apps dont even use the GPU.. they are shader dependent.. for example blurays and L4.1/5.1 x264's only use the shaders.. gpu will sit at about 1% load.. if your using a cuda supported video encoding then it will use the gpu.. even image rendering/video rendering only use the shaders..

also the newest version of EVGA precision will show your GPU usage and your video memory usage on your card when you double click on the graph it will open a separate window with all the other graphs..

Back