Is there a name for his form factor?

yeah, i believe its called a "nettop." sorta like a netbook (sff, low power, low performance) but for the desktop.

do you mean mount on the vesa screws directly, or the case that the computer is in will mount on the vesa screws?

If the latter, check out the M350 case (www.mini-box.com), it can mount on vesa screws and is a reasonable form factor. The motherboard format that it supports is called Mini-ITX. There are a number of people around here who have experience with this form factor / case / power requirements, etc :)

If you want to go smaller than that, check out nano-ITX motherboards (the most powerful one I have seen recently was an AMD Zacate).

Antec has also recently added a mini-itx box that can mount directly to VESA screws. It is the ISK 110 VESA. That case is larger than the one in the video but would also offer more flexibility in terms of a build. It should be pretty straightforward to build an atom or low power Intel 1155/AMD llano system in it (90W PSU). I haven't seen them at Newegg just yet, but a person can get one off of Amazon for $75.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzA0NTE1

Back