• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is there a driver sweeper for windows 7?

mike87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
183
i'm about to install a new video card and i need to uninstall my current drivers/software. does anyone know how to do a clean sweep? i don't think driver sweeper works for windows 7 yet
 
lol, yeah, I used Driver Sweeper myself on W7 x64 when I went from Nvidia to ATI.
 
Last edited:
i'm about to install a new video card and i need to uninstall my current drivers/software.

No you dont. Even if you really want to, the built in uninstaller should suffice just fine.
 
Yes drive sweeper works and not reason not to use it..one less member complaining about strange issues with new drivers :)
 
Unless there's a problem or you want the HDD space why does one need a driver cleaner?
 
Unless there's a problem or you want the HDD space why does one need a driver cleaner?

I used it when I swapped from Nvidia over to ATI. (Highly recommended to help avoid driver conflict issues.) I just use the default uninstaller before driver updates otherwise.
 
I just install right over the old one. Done that like 10 times now. Never a single issue.

Mis information gets spread to newbies to easily on the internet.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
The driver installation programs of today are generally intelligent enough to remove all associated files when installing a new driver set. A few years back this was not the case. The only time you might need to use one of those driver cleaning programs is from installing a beta driver set.
 
i'm about to install a new video card and i need to uninstall my current drivers/software. does anyone know how to do a clean sweep?t

Yeah... i believe it's called... driver sweeper

Been using it ever since I installed W7.
 
Back
Top