• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is the arma 2 community pretty big?

Yes, and yes. A lot of servers run mods, such as ACE, but with the release of ArmA 2 Free, it should not be hard to find vanilla servers to play on.
 
I recently just started playing. Very active community and the co-op games are probably half the servers you will find. And when I say co-op, I don't mean 2 jackasses running around grenade spamming :p.

Also, if your not sure about the gameplay, get ARMA 2 free and try it out, the rest of the games (Operation Arrowhead/British) are more uptodate with more stuff. And you can max out your graphics and go hardcore with the games. I am liking it, just takes some getting used to with the controls and the GUI of the game. I highly recommend doing all of the individual tutorials, they are well worth it and will help you along quite well.
 
You have to have a pretty beefy rig to "max out" ArmA 2, but it does scale well.

Also, Operation Arrowhead is a lot different from the DLC like BAF and PMC. It's a stand-alone game that can be combined with A2, but they added to and tweaked the engine quite a bit.
 
Back
Top