Is now a good time to buy an iPad Pro 10.5?

biggles

2[H]4U
We were getting ready to buy this iPad tomorrow until a friend said we should wait for new 2018 models to arrive. This is for the wife, who is an elementary schoolteacher and would be using it with Apple Pencil for interactive classroom lessons. So, wondering if anyone here has advice on whether this is a good buying time for this iPad.

I think the new ones are about to launch very very soon.

I would just buy a 2nd gen 10.5 off Facebook Marketplace or craigslist if you have to have one now.

And not to worry, Apple owners take extremely good care of their iPads. You could literally save hundreds of dollars.

maybe not very very soon, but soon. October/November ... with the normal initial shortage. all guess.
The current 10.5 is still a nice device. and has fingerprint sensor. while the new one is expected to have faceID. any preference on one of those ? if fingerprint then get it tomorrow ... if faceID you need to wait.

i wait ... but because i have a 10.5 ;-)

oh, also the latest and cheaper iPad (~350$) supply pencil ...

I would say no. New stuff is expected to drop with the next generation iPhone. Either at the same time or shortly after (along with the new version of iOS).
So even if you wanted to save money over having the latest generation, you'd be better off waiting for the new ones to come out and catch the old stock on sale.

$475 at Best Buy with edu coupon, or $499 at Microcenter makes me think the next release is soon

That being said the 2018 iPad I bought a few weeks ago is going back.
It just feels barely enough, Im just using Draw/Sketch.

The Surface Pro 3 I got my gf years ago feels more like drawing on paper with the SP4 pen....that's more inline with how you perceive using the Pen on an iPad Pro but the slick sensation that you are drawling on glass is still present.

If I was going to stick with an iPad, I'd wait for the new ones to come out.

If you are a Sams club member they are 150 off today depending on capacity. Or pick up a refurb from Apple. Same as new in every way you can see including the battery. Full warranty.

Back