Is my psu capable of running...

Vasha

Weaksauce
These cards?

Gtx 260
Gts 250

The psu is a 500:

spv-label.jpe

I'd say no. Judging from the fact that the UL number doesn't turn up a single result (1st red flag), it's more than likely some generic POS. In addition, the inclusion of the -5V rail shows that it's based on the old ATX 1.3 spec. Meaning that there's a good chance that it can't provide its rated 26A on the +12V rail (2nd red flag). Even if the PSU was capable of providing its rated 26A on the +12V rail, that's still not enough for most systems with the GPUs that you listed (3rd red flag). And finally, Most 500W PSUs have at least 35A to 40A on the +12V rail. Considering that there are 380W PSUs wit 27A on hte +12V rail, that's another red flag about the quality of that "500W" PSU (4th red flag).

I highly recommending getting a new PSU if you plan on using anything more than onboard video. What's the specs of the PC that you're planning to use those cards with? What's your budget range for a new PSU?

Yes I am on a budget. Right now im running a 8800gss. Thats with a e7300 and 4gb of ram.

At first I was going to think about modular. But now I see I have to get both and now I'm going to have to get a super budget psu.

Just as long it's capable of running any of those cards I listed would suit me fine.

Edit:

This: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

Or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817611007

Thing is I dont know very much about psu's :(

Last edited:
Go for the Corsair. Better track record than Tuniq.

So this will run a gtx 260 when it says it needs a 36 volt on the 12?

For a single GeForce GTX 260 GPU NVIDIA recommends a 500W unit with 36A on the 12V rail.

I'd just like to get a response.

So this will run a gtx 260 when it says it needs a 36 volt on the 12?

For a single GeForce GTX 260 GPU NVIDIA recommends a 500W unit with 36A on the 12V rail.

I'd just like to get a response.

Which PSU are you talking about?
If the Rexus PSU: No way in hell
If the Corsair: Yes
If the BFG LS-450: Yes but with little to no headroom IMO.

i would get a more powerful psu. 400W could work but as danny put it, thats cutting it real close and you're pushing the psu pretty hard. also that psu only has 1 6pin pcie, those videocards require two.

Back