Is it safe to rest AIO tubes on the back plate of a video card?

GameLifter

Gawd
I'm considering getting a 3090 when they become available and length wise it should fit in my case but the extra height of the card will most likely push the tubes of my NZXT Kraken X53 outside of the case which would keep me from putting the side panel back on. I've seen some builds where the tubes of the AIO cooler are positioned to where they rest on the back plate of the video card.

I'm wondering if this could potentially cause any issues. Would the heat from the video card back plate heat up the tubes enough to where the liquid temperature rises?

To elaborate, yes you will be transferring some heat to the tubes. Taking into account that the tubes themselves have very low thermal conductivity and the velocity of the coolant, the difference is nil. It's not even worth considering. It'll be just fine.

I think it would be just fine as long as there is not a great deal of pressure from the tubes. I dont see a problem in general, just be aware of putting too much pressure or pushing down on the card.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I think I can make the 3090 work in my case (if I decide to go through with getting one).

Back