Is it a SLI bridge or Crossfire bridge?

most likely a SLI bridge, if ASUS hasn't changed that from their previous Intel boards.

Definitely an SLI bridge, here's a pic of the SLI vs cfx bridges:

slicfxbridge.jpg

Crossfire bridges come with cards.

SLI bridges come with boards cause Nvidia is retarded.

I had 8000GTX tri-SLI before this, so don't bother with the fanboy comments. Just doesn't make sense to sell you something with a board that you don't need until you get the cards to use it. One more thing to lose and have to pay $10 + $10 shipping or something stupid 6 months later. That said, I think some boards with odd slot spacing do come with longer Crossfire bridges, but this is rare.

(Yes it took me hours to find my Tri-SLI bridge in the extra parts drawers when I needed it back then and I'm still a little bitter. ;))

Crossfire bridges come with cards.

SLI bridges come with boards cause Nvidia is retarded.

I had 8000GTX tri-SLI before this, so don't bother with the fanboy comments. Just doesn't make sense to sell you something with a board that you don't need until you get the cards to use it. One more thing to lose and have to pay $10 + $10 shipping or something stupid 6 months later. That said, I think some boards with odd slot spacing do come with longer Crossfire bridges, but this is rare.

(Yes it took me hours to find my Tri-SLI bridge in the extra parts drawers when I needed it back then and I'm still a little bitter. ;))

I totally had to pay 10 bucks for an SLI bridge when I realized my cards did not come with them. I guess Nvidia doesn't want to ship one with every card when only 1 of the two will be used?

I totally had to pay 10 bucks for an SLI bridge when I realized my cards did not come with them. I guess Nvidia doesn't want to ship one with every card when only 1 of the two will be used?

I guess so. It's a lot more frustrating when you realize unless you find that Tri-SLI bridge it's going to cost you closer to $30 after shipping. Pales in comparison to what 3 top end cards cost, true, but still annoying.

Back