is heatware dead?

Hey all, heat23 here - the HeatWare admin. I am actually not surprised if you guys thought HeatWare was dead. Honestly, I was pretty much hands off on the site except on occasion for the last few years. The support email got overrun with tens of thousands of SPAM messages and many legitimate support messages were gone. However, I have recently re-written the entire backend of the site and did some improvements along the way. The site is now more scalable and flexible than ever before and I am looking forward to making HeatWare more relevant. I am however just 1 person and need help from forum moderators and well-establlished traders to help in things like eval disputes (This is currently in progress). We now have an API available so forums can integrate with us so they can display feedback statistics for directly in each forum post. I would like to see HeatWare use more especially outside of the PC hardware genre, but I will need the community's help with that. Also, it should be great if we could develop a vBulletin, phpBB, etc. plugins to integrate directly with HeatWare API.

Heatware has been a hobby of mine for 17 years now, and I am very motivated to make it well-known especially amongst the new generation of traders (Reddit has been a big user of it). HeatWare doesn't "make" any money, any extra donations are saved for a rainy day. I personally have never made a dime on the site and haven't and don't plan on putting intrusive ads on the site.

I am also always open to hearing your feedback and suggestions on the site. After all, this site is for the community and even though I am not an active trader anymore, I still believe 100% in HeatWare's mission.

Thanks,
heat

As I said over email, I/we really appreciate Heatware and the efforts you've recently undertaken to improve the site. I would have been fine using the old site forever, as long as it continued to exist, but I'm certainly glad to see renewed interest in keeping it up.

Hopefully this thread gives you some idea of how important Heatware is to us. We're only one community, albeit a pretty large one, but Heatware is a staple around here when it comes to the trading community. I've used Heatware across multiple forums and it's so nice to have a universal feedback repository. Forum-specific feedback can be a pain to deal with for a few reasons.

I have to admit, before reading through this thread, I had no idea what heatware was. I kept thinking people were misspelling hardware, or making some kind of bad joke about old Prescott processors...

hah, thanks guys, I'm glad to help out/donate/support/pimp heatware where I can !

Wow I got some hope to get my retaliatory feedback removed, it was removed by admin once before but then the person was allowed to repost another negative.
Happy for dbwillis he didn't deserve it either.

As I said over email, I/we really appreciate Heatware and the efforts you've recently undertaken to improve the site. I would have been fine using the old site forever, as long as it continued to exist, but I'm certainly glad to see renewed interest in keeping it up.

Hopefully this thread gives you some idea of how important Heatware is to us. We're only one community, albeit a pretty large one, but Heatware is a staple around here when it comes to the trading community. I've used Heatware across multiple forums and it's so nice to have a universal feedback repository. Forum-specific feedback can be a pain to deal with for a few reasons.

Thank you very much for the kind and encouraging words! HeatWare is very special to me and was built by the trading community and I would never shut it down. HeatWare use (and possibly PC parts trading in general) has gone considerably over the past ~5 years, however I want to see the site grow. So please, I am relying on the community to spread the word to forums that don't use HeatWare, even if they are outside of the computer niche.

Back