Is Gigabyte video card's "features" real or hypes?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Ultra Cooling - Low RDS(on) MOSFET Design

Low Power Loss - Ferrite Core Choke Design

Longer Life - All-Solid Capacitor Design

Lower ESR Solid Capacitors, providing the stability and reliability from their high-end graphics solution

I notice these features whereas other brand didn't mention it. In particular, they really emphasize their japanese capacitors, both on their motherboard and video card.

Now, at first, I was very impress w/ these japanese capacitors, until I notice Antec, Seasonic, Silverstone etc. all hype up their power supply w/ japanese capacitors. In particular, antec even hype out "heavy duty japanese capacitors" and their regular line japanese capacitors.

Eventhough we're comparing PSU vs. video card, it's the very same japanese capacitors. Now at newegg, the reviews of almost ALL of these power supply is shocking, totally horrifying. Virtually 99.99% of these power supply has smokes burn smell, they fails within 90 days etc. So if these japanese capacitors are not doing much of anything, how good is these japanese capacitors on the gigabyte video cards?

Of course, not all the failure is caused by these japanese capacitors, but surely at least some portions of the failure is.

In the end, are these features mention on gigabyte really that special or are they hypes? That is, does other brand names has the same features but they don't talk about it?

Well for one you are totally exaggerating about the failure rate of those PSUs.

-?- The reviews on Egg for the Seasonic X-850 are 55 five star, 6 failed.

The reason for the mentioning of Japanese capacitors is because the Chinese knockoffs developed a reputation for swelling and bursting. I don't know if that's still the case, but most high end parts are made with Jap caps.

Gigabyte makes good cards.

-?-

Gigabyte makes good cards.

Yes they do, I went with MSI for my 680's and was quite suprised at how much louder they are compared to windforce3x cooling on my previous Gigabyte cards, they overclocked like a beast too.

Is this a real post or are you just trolling? I'm sure a good bit of it is marketing hype, but Gigabyte video cards are always some of the best performing while being one of, if not the quietest cards available.

On a side note, where are you from? Your grammar is so terribad it seems like you would have to go out of your way to write that badly.

My Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce OC2 runs like a champ, and overclocks great to boot!

I'm not sure how you could compare Power Supply failures to Video Card failures... Wouldn't it be more reasonable to look at failures of the Video Cards as an indication of their versatility or lifespan?

Back