Is anyone happy with their xbox360?

RikuS

Gawd
I am going to start off by saying that I am not a xbox360 owner, never tried to get one nor will ever want one (xbox1 as well). But I have to say I feel bad for all of my fellow [H] friends that have nothing but bad things to say. So why not say a few good things, hopefully without bashing anyone/thing? How about it?

-Rikus

RikuS said:
I am going to start off by saying that I am not a xbox360 owner, never tried to get one nor will ever want one (xbox1 as well). But I have to say I feel bad for all of my fellow [H] friends that have nothing but bad things to say. So why not say a few good things, hopefully without bashing anyone/thing? How about it?

-Rikus

New here arn't ya?

Mine works fine, every single feature works like it should with my console. Zero problems, and I love it.

My brother is VERY happy.

He keeps saying "Madden 2006 looks amazing in 1080i"
We have not had any type of errors yet. We'll see.

HDBox2d1 said:
My brother is VERY happy.

He keeps saying "Madden 2006 looks amazing in 1080i"
We have not had any type of errors yet. We'll see.

And the poor bastard still doesn't know he is actually watching re-broadcast NFL games from last sunday. Oh well at least he is having fun.

:D

Really?
like you say.. Atleast hes having fun.. all that matters; and that his box won't mess up.

Draax said:
And the poor bastard still doesn't know he is actually watching re-broadcast NFL games from last sunday. Oh well at least he is having fun.

:D

BBABABABA HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!

funniest thing i've read all week

Hell yes I am. I love mine.

I'll probably get the extended warranty, after all the defect scares. First, I need to find out how much of an extension I get from my credit card (they usually double the manufacturer's warranty).

Especially PGR3. Jesus.

Im sorry, my comments were meant as a joke. I have seen how good Madden looks, and I am looking forward to getting a 360 eventually as well.

no sorry needed.. It was a joke :)
Jealous of my brother since he has an 360.. but i have the bigger & better TV.

HDBox2d1 said:
no sorry needed.. It was a joke :)
Jealous of my brother since he has an 360.. but i have the bigger & better TV.

Perfect situation, just tell him he can play the 360 on your TV if he lets you play.

Also keep in mind from my experience you get alot more threads about problems then you do about satisfaction with the product. :)

I'm absolutely happy with it. I wasn't planning on getting one in the first place, but I'm glad I did.

I love how the XBOX360's OS is embedded and can be pulled up at any time. I heard all this mojo of media center capabilities, computer connectivity, ipod, psp, blah blah.. and didn't think anything of it until I was able to sync my Xbox with my PC and play music, pictures, and video files. I've barely scratched the surface, I'm sure...

And Perfect Dark Zero.. looks absolutely amazing for a console game. Didn't expect to see parallax mapping.. especially since it's used more than FEAR. The motion blur when moving and looking around feels so fluid.. but disoriented me, at first. After I got used to it, PDZ became very enjoyable.

I'll chip in,

I got my 360, and I'm currently going back through and seeing how the backwards compatible titles I own look on it. I have to say I think that deature is pretty nifty. Crimson Skies, even launch titles like Fuzion Frenzy look good and of course Halo 1 and 2 look fantastic. The non widescreen games are pillar/window boxed, so that takes some of the joy out of it, but I'll take it for what it is.

I like the ability to download demos, as I pulled Kameo and Nba Live 2006 down almost immediately. The sports games are incredible looking. Perfect Dark zero is the only game I bought at launch, and it looks great too. I really am surprised how detailed everything is, and the frame rates are awesome.

The arcade games section is going to be a huge time waster for my friends and I, if they keep adding games to it, I'll croak!

I am very happy with the box as a whole. I'm not even hearing the fan noise everyone talks about either. I love how you never have to turn the system off to change what you are doing, that is a huge plus! The wireless controller syncing is still sorta weird, but seems to work as it should.

One minor complaint I have is that you can't send messages through Live to non-360 owners. You have to load up an Xbox1 game to do that, which is poorly thought out IHO.

And, does anybody else notice crappy sound over live with their wireless controller/headset? My voice comes out an octave lower and warbled, it is unintelligible.

Overall one very pleased customer

Kahnvex said:
One minor complaint I have is that you can't send messages through Live to non-360 owners. You have to load up an Xbox1 game to do that, which is poorly thought out IHO.

Really? I was able to send my cousin a message from the Xbox 360 dashboard. He sent me a message from his Xbox first, then I replied via my 360.

Ballz2TheWallz said:
360 is like sex with hottest asian women youll ever meet

.....without the sex part

with all due respect, I don't think this is appropriate.

Have to say that I am extremely pleased.

The OS and the "blades" are near seamless. It is really cool to be able to be sitting on the couch watching tv, and turn the system on using the controller, then load up whatever I want to do.

Hexic is darn addicting, and I've already wasted a few hours playing that game. I haven't played any of my xbox titles yet, but I'll get around ot that this weekend. Watched a movie on it last night just to see how it would play, and there weren't any issues.

The only game that I purchased was PGR3, since I was/am a huge fan of the previous two and MSR. It is utterly incredible to be driving across the Brooklyn bridge, look out the window and see the New York skyline all lit up. The HDR when coming out of a tunnel is a really neat effect as well. All in all I am very pleased with PGR3.

Also, sync'ing w/ my MCE pc was as easy as could be, and the ability to stream media over the X360 is awesome as well.

Overall I'd have to say that the system surpassed my expectations.

zero002021 said:
Really? I was able to send my cousin a message from the Xbox 360 dashboard. He sent me a message from his Xbox first, then I replied via my 360.

Same. Got a message from a friend that was expressed his sadness for not having an XBOX360. :confused:

mo0gle said:
with all due respect, I don't think this is appropriate.
as far as i know, im not directing breaking any forum rules, so sorry if it offends you but i do belive its allowed

jtsnewo4 said:
Have to say that I am extremely pleased.

The OS and the "blades" are near seamless. It is really cool to be able to be sitting on the couch watching tv, and turn the system on using the controller, then load up whatever I want to do.

Hexic is darn addicting, and I've already wasted a few hours playing that game. I haven't played any of my xbox titles yet, but I'll get around ot that this weekend. Watched a movie on it last night just to see how it would play, and there weren't any issues.

The only game that I purchased was PGR3, since I was/am a huge fan of the previous two and MSR. It is utterly incredible to be driving across the Brooklyn bridge, look out the window and see the New York skyline all lit up. The HDR when coming out of a tunnel is a really neat effect as well. All in all I am very pleased with PGR3.

Also, sync'ing w/ my MCE pc was as easy as could be, and the ability to stream media over the X360 is awesome as well.

Overall I'd have to say that the system surpassed my expectations.

I said to my nephew that the next gen consoles better have this...A long time ago I think it was. (edit: Turning on the console via the controller, that is.)

Now, if only they had game holders, like in cars, choose what game you want to play through the controller and it'll put that game in...

That was a horrible explanation...

I've got a p4 3.0 ghz, 6800 GT, 1gb of PC4000 ram, 450GB of hard-drive with about every game that came out since sopwith, donkey kong, pong - whatever.....

My opinion on the XBox360?

I'm considering selling my PC part for part on ebay and buying a low power/no frills laptop to use as my desktop (word/surfing) machine with my current monitor and use the XBOX360 for games. It's that good.

No PC game I've ever played compares to Kameo as far as presentation and graphics. Not Far Cry, Not Fear, Not Half-life 2, Not Doom3, not anything......I've got it hooked up to my HDTV projector with a 150" screen and the Xbox 360 at 720P with 5.1 sound is absolutely freaking fantastic. I've got it tied into my PC upstairs so I have my 50GB of MP3's tied in and my 10GB of pictures available. It's nothing short of an amazing system. I was underestimating it's value, and thought it'd be cool, but NOT this cool...VERY impressed!

Archaea said:
I've got a p4 3.0 ghz, 6800 GT, 1gb of PC4000 ram, 450GB of hard-drive with about every game that came out since sopwith, donkey kong, pong - whatever.....

I'm considering selling my PC part for part on ebay and buying a low power/no frills laptop to use as my desktop (word/surfing) machine with my current monitor and use the XBOX360 for games. It's that good.

No PC game I've ever played compares to Kameo as far as presentation and graphics. Not Far Cry, Not Fear, Not Half-life 2, Not Doom3, not anything......I've got it hooked up to my HDTV projector with a 150" screen and the Xbox 360 at 720P with 5.1 sound is absolutely freaking fantastic. I've got it tied into my PC upstairs so I have my 50GB of MP3's tied in and my 10GB of pictures available. It's nothing short of an amazing system. I was underestimating it's value, and thought it'd be cool, but NOT this cool...VERY impressed!

Can you take pictures? :D

Archaea said:

you should find a nice, large, white building wall and project onto that. 40 feet by whatever. :D

I'm very happy with the 360, it looks great and hasn't given me any issues.

Made on: 10/10/05
Core Edition
Pelican HDTV connections
720p connected to 57" Hitachi HDTV

happy with mine. No problems yet. Too loud though.

PDZ owns

And this whole jaggie business is bs.....running it 1080i

Ballz2TheWallz said:
360 is like sex with hottest asian women youll ever meet

.....without the sex part

....and without the hottest asian women part :(

... would you believe 2 angry girl scouts

[H]

Glad to hear some of the positive reviews. I didn't realize all the different stuff the 360 did besides games. Does it have a web browser?

flapbreaker said:
Glad to hear some of the positive reviews. I didn't realize all the different stuff the 360 did besides games. Does it have a web browser?

No it doesn't. Though it does interface with Windows Media Connect, to make it into an MCE extender. Not sure exactly how it works though.

BaconGrease said:
I am happy with it, the only feature I wish I had was video streaming from windows xp
someone already posted a work around on xbox-scene, ill try and find it

eh sites busy

Back