Is 400W enough for these?

jarthel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
371
35W single-core Celeron (C2D derivative 65nm and hopefully I can upgrade to 65W dual-core CPUs using the same PSU)
matx board with on-board video
2 pieces of DDR2 RAM
1 PCIe 8x SAS RAID card
1 PCIe 1x NIC (the onboard NIC is only up to 100Mbps)
9 HDDs (1 7200rpm and the rest are WD GP drives)

The supply is of redundant type but I'm not sure which type as I haven't received it yet.

Thank you
 
A GOOD quality 400W PSU with at least 27A on the +12V rail should be enough. So please tell us what PSU you have as soon as you know.
 
9 HDDs (1 7200rpm and the rest are WD GP drives)
If these are not on a staggered spin-up, you may want more +12V amperage, as each HDD can draw up to +12V@3A during spin up.
 
Back
Top