Iron Harvest

Looks very promising - made by a veteran team with crowdfunding and development successes, and is based on some really neat artwork. Already funded and in fact, close to the 1M goal fo Multiplayer > I hope they grab 1.1M for full co-op campaign options and if they hit 1.5M then there will be an expansion DLC.

The only tentative issue is Linux / OSX support - they claim to want to support the platform, but need to look into it especially given multiplayer . They are also coming to consoles - which they admit costs a lot more and is a lot of trouble for them to do - which is in a way understandable, but rubs me the wrong way without Linux / OSX locked in for sure, In any event, I'm likely to back it and fans of RTS should likely do the same.

Some new Alpha footage constantly popping up on YT. I agree with Darren (strategy game dev from video below), when he says it plays like a Company of Heroes clone at the moment. Biggest disappointment is the fact that the mechs behave like tanks from CoH, where there's no advantage to having legs over tracks. I'd LOVE to see mechs scale buildings/ridges/cliffs/obstacles, so I really hope they take his advice there.

Back