Iran Bans Battlefield 3

Zarathustra[H];1038081915 said:
Ha,

I prefer to look at it like I do China and Russia.

Great country with many very smart, very reasonable and very nice people, handicapped by their shitty totalitarian regimes.

Lord knows we have our crazies over here too. We're just lucky that here, the craziest of the crazies are not the ones in power (we just have comparably mildly crazy people in power here)

Very Very true. I have traveled to Iran a few times and have found the people to be very very very friendly towards Americans. They just hate our leaders, the same as us. It all has to do with leadership.

America has some right wing military/religious fundamentalists as well. Neocon(s) Dick Chaney, Paul Wolfowitz and religious nutjob Pat Robertson come to mind off the top of my head.

EVERY country has these ass holes in them. It is up to the normal population to weed these people out and not believe a word they say...

My view on all this is hallarious. Why would you get bent out of shape over it? Didn't see many people bent out of shape when North Korea invaded the US in Homefront...

Oh no to the US Marines walking through Iran's military in a fell swoop. Think that wouldn't actually happen should the US Marines actually assault them? Come on...

Just shows to me how bad Iran is afraid of a scenario like this actually playing out and their just angry about how inferior they are.

Don't see France upset when a Nuke detonated in Paris.. Yet Iran gets it's panties in a bunch when insurgents take over and are swept to the side by the US Marines..

Also, Persians are pretty white. Purrsians.

Persians don't exist anymore, since the Persian empire doesn't exist anymore and any Iranian telling you that he is a Persian is an idiot. It's the same thing by labeling Latinos anywhere; Spain, Mexico, south America, etc. as Hispanics. Hispania doesn't exist anymore either. Stupid political correct crap.

Dont forget that even though while Homefront depicted Korea invading the US that they were still the "bad" guy. You, the US, was still the "good" guy.

Japan invaded some of the Aleutian Islands during WW2 and Britain invaded the US in 1812. The Soviet also invaded the US. There was a documentary about it called Red Dawn.

I don't know if you could call the war of 1812 an invasion, wasn't it more of a defensive counter attack?

I don't know if you could call the war of 1812 an invasion, wasn't it more of a defensive counter attack?

Depending on who tells you the history, the common story is that the British were butthurt by the fact that we continued trade and commerce with the French and Spaniards despite the fact that England and France were at war (The Napoleonic Wars), so they attacked us when we refused to end the trade. A lot like why Germany sank the Lusitania in World War 1 and Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in World War 2.

We attacked the British garrisons in Canada claiming that Britain violated our maritime rights (the trade ships between France and the US), so Britain sent troops to the US, as you said, in a defensive counterattack - but of their own making.

Regardless of what it is, Britain was in the wrong and we repelled the invaders on the east coast and the war ended with the Treaty of Ghent which gave them back lands beyond the Saint Lawrence.

The iran leader looks like an insane evil dictator the only would appear in james bond movies and would have underground secret layers of deadly weapons and sharks to give to out to terrorist only this dude is for real.

The bastard looks pure evil

President+Mahmoud+Ahmadinejad+Press+Conference+QN6gI1ExaN6l.jpg

Persians don't exist anymore, since the Persian empire doesn't exist anymore and any Iranian telling you that he is a Persian is an idiot. It's the same thing by labeling Latinos anywhere; Spain, Mexico, south America, etc. as Hispanics. Hispania doesn't exist anymore either. Stupid political correct crap.

Not necessarily.

While the national/political entity is currently "Iran", the culture and the food are still very much Persian. I don't think it a stretch for some to identify as Persian rather than Iranian, especially if they are among the many that disagree with the Iranian regime.

We attacked the British garrisons in Canada claiming that Britain violated our maritime rights (the trade ships between France and the US), so Britain sent troops to the US, as you said, in a defensive counterattack - but of their own making.

I thought a big portion of it had to do with British impressment of American merchant sailors into the Royal Navy.

Essentially the Brits seized large quantities of American merchant ships and forced the sailors at gunpoint to fight in the British Navy...

We all know the truth. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is hording all the BF3 bandwidth for himself. We all know he saw the game he was like:

Sort_of_want_thumb.jpg

We all know the truth. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is hording all the BF3 bandwidth for himself. We all know he saw the game he was like:

Sort_of_want_thumb.jpg

ROFL Post of the day.

Gotta love the trademark khaki jacket he always wears. He's almost like Steve Jobs with the black turtleneck.

It's about genetics, not about the Persian Empire. Arabians = Semetic, Iranians = Aryan.

"Persian" is not the politically correct term, either. Iranians have been calling themselves Iranians for 2,000+ years. Westerners call them Persians.

But do go on...

It's about genetics, not about the Persian Empire. Arabians = Semetic, Iranians = Aryan.

"Persian" is not the politically correct term, either. Iranians have been calling themselves Iranians for 2,000+ years. Westerners call them Persians.

But do go on...

everyone I know call them Iranians too. It's the nitpickers who think they know better that call them Persians.

everyone I know call them Iranians too. It's the nitpickers who think they know better that call them Persians.

To be fair, Farsi, Tajik and Dari are all "Persian" languages, at least according to Westerners. :)

The iran leader looks like an insane evil dictator the only would appear in james bond movies and would have underground secret layers of deadly weapons and sharks to give to out to terrorist only this dude is for real.

The bastard looks pure evil

He is not the leader of Iran. Ayatollah Khamenei is.

They only banned the game because the Iranians get slaughtered in large numbers. If the release a modified version of BF3 where the opposite happens ...US forces get the crushed and they successful deploy Nukes on US soil. They would be handing out free copies.

Every Iranian/Persian I've talked to in the US tells me, "I am not Iranian. I am Persian." And since Persian chicks are incredibly hot, I don't argue.

Yay, that'll be useful. :rolleyes:

Get ready for $20/gallon gas due to a combination of Iran retaliating by taking out Saudi oil fields and shutting down oil exports via long range missiles as well as Iranian oil no longer flowing onto the world markets.

Zarathustra[H];1038086850 said:
Get ready for $20/gallon gas due to a combination of Iran retaliating by taking out Saudi oil fields and shutting down oil exports via long range missiles as well as Iranian oil no longer flowing onto the world markets.

War with Iran is pretty much considered an Oil doomsday scenario.

U.S. forces could definitely crush the Iranian military (at least if no longer busy elsewhere) but at what cost?

I think everyone is hoping for more public uprisings in Iran to avoid the Iranian nuclear problem from triggering military action, which in turn would cause catastrophic oil price increases and throw the world into worse economic conditions than it is already in.

Expect even a public conversation about a remote possibility of military action against Iran to trigger massive losses on Wall Street and across the world.

Zarathustra[H];1038086850 said:

No, I'm more concerned about, "Sorry we can't fix roads/schools/healthcare/social security/anything because we need to spend $1 trillion dollars and thousands of young American lives to delay the inevitable by a few more years."

Attacking anyone who doesn't have nukes just creates more incentive for enemies to develop nukes faster.

And our media doesn't help anything either, reporting stuff such as Imadinnerjacket and Abbas won't recognize Israel as a state. That isn't 100% true - it is that they won't recognize it as a Jewish state, which would mean that any of the prior/current Muslim occupants would have no rights there. Seriously, we are we so involved in propping up one wannabe theocracy up over another?

Kyle,

I would be more inclined to help with the Tehran invasion if those [H] servers were converted to Hardcore Mode. :D

Not to get to far off topic, but "jingoism" is in my physical dictionary and it says it has been a word since about 1875-80.

To get back on topic, screw invading Tehran, that country will eventually rip itself apart and I think that is one of the key reasons this game was banned (serious civil unrest).

Back