iPhone SE Bend Test

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I don’t know if it’ll bend in your pocket under normal usage, but this video suggests it’s easy enough to do by hand.

Hmm... Safe to say most people can bend any standard smartphone by hand if they really want to.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Hmm... Safe to say most people can bend any standard smartphone by hand if they really want to.

Say that to a BlackBerry Passport. Steel I-beam construction ain't no joke!

Say that to a BlackBerry Passport. Steel I-beam construction ain't no joke!

Haha, true. Not impossible, but a lot harder.

People I know laughed when I first said the Passport is a real work phone, but not after trying it. Darn thing is really nice to use, too bad it came out too late.

This whole bending phones thing is ridiculous.

People just need to be less careless.

I mean come on, you buy a $200-$900 device, you'd think maybe it would be on your mind when you have it with you in a pocket or something.

This whole bending phones thing is ridiculous.

People just need to be less careless.

I mean come on, you buy a $200-$900 device, you'd think maybe it would be on your mind when you have it with you in a pocket or something.
Some of them I don't understand how they fit in their pockets and not feel weird, seriously just get a belt clip case at those sizes. My work phone has a heavy duty case which did protect it from being run over by a powered pallet jack other wise my personal phone has no case because i'm not careless with it.

Hey, remember when the iPhone 6 came out and it had the "bending problem" and then it turned out that basically any phone can be bent if you try and bend it, and the iPhone wasn't even the easiest to bend, and then everyone stopped talking about it because it's stupid?

Good times.

I presume anyone that isn't a total pussy can bend a phone with their hands if they really want too.

Hey, remember when the iPhone 6 came out and it had the "bending problem" and then it turned out that basically any phone can be bent if you try and bend it, and the iPhone wasn't even the easiest to bend, and then everyone stopped talking about it because it's stupid?

Good times.

There's a guy on YouTube who does a lot of "bend tests" and no, not all phones are nearly as susceptible to bending as some others.

As a dedicated Apple hater I'd say it didn't look that easy. Fingers whitened by the pressure and hands furiously shaking, I hate these "tests".

As a dedicated Apple hater I'd say it didn't look that easy. Fingers whitened by the pressure and hands furiously shaking, I hate these "tests".

Yea, he was like, see how easy this is and then was white knuckled and shaking...

And just about any phone will bend as the others pointed out, especially back pockets and sitting down with it back there. Now, if these things bent/broke with the force that it takes to break 1 pencil, then I would say we have an issue.

So the question is if the phone is sturdy enough to be in the pocket of a 20-something wearing too-tight skinny jeans and who doesn't skimp on leg days at the gym.

You can bend nails with your hands. Not surprised phones also bend.

I am not a fan of these videos. " Hey man. Let's destroy an expensive consumer device in some crazy way that it shouldn't survive!" Ok man. Cool.

Maybe I should start a series where I destroy $100 bills in silly ways.

HULK BEND!

Yeah, it didn't look very easy to bend. The button area should still have been reinforced after similar problems with the 6.

Apple can always make it 1mm thicker and the box structure will be much stronger. But why are we trying to accomodate these 1%ers who can't take care of their phones? I'm pretty sure my xperia which is wafer thin and glass on both sides is even easier to bend, but that hasn't been a problem. Next thing you know, they'll start doing twist tests since it's even harder to reinforce against torsion cause you might have a lumpy butt and keys pressed against your phone. Every time a youtube reviewer bends an iphone, a subsistence level factory worker in China cries.

One in my hand right now? Good job trying to turn me talking about their incredible build quality into some negative bullshit.

BlackBerry Passport user here. Confirm it doesn't bend. Now...should the company release an android version of Passport?

Hi All

Never understood these phone bend test. As been mentioned almost any phone can be bent if that's the intention.

You can bend nails with your hands. Not surprised phones also bend.

I am not a fan of these videos. " Hey man. Let's destroy an expensive consumer device in some crazy way that it shouldn't survive!" Ok man. Cool.

Maybe I should start a series where I destroy $100 bills in silly ways.

Perhaps Rome didn't fiddle while it burned, they merely destroyed very expensive goods for no good reason instead.

Back