iPhone 7

I understand that, but the problem is the tint is uneven. This isn't about basic color temperature settings anymore. It's simply something is fucked up with display that caused the tint since it's not the entire screen are yellow evenly.
All the photo online that you can find with yellow tint issues on iPhone 7, they all have the same problem with bottom part of the screen have heavy yellow tint compare to any other area, and left side is slightly more yellow to the right.

Also, changing the color filter doesn't really fix the problem properly. It just make the white more cooler and screwed up other colors at the same time.

Article also says sometimes it disappears after a few days as some of them is an adhesive issue not cured completely yet.

Article also says sometimes it disappears after a few days as some of them is an adhesive issue not cured completely yet.

That is what they all said, but realistically, it never goes away. It just your eye is used to it.

I have phones that came with yellow tint before, it seems fairly common on first batch issue for some reason. The uneven tint never goes away after a year of usage. Most people experiencing the same problem.

Not sure who came up with the "glue curing" thing, but that is entirely bullshit, since the application in between was never yellow color in first place, it was clear.

The 7 and 7+ are trickling into people in our department and every one that I have seen has a yellow'ish tint to it when comparing it to old iphones. I am trying to get the phone held up to our of our studio calibrated displays to see what the phone's "white" looks like in comparison. I have a calibrated TV at home and the phone (with a yellow'ish tint) looks pretty close to the white on the TV, but comparing them is somewhat difficult.

I think most people are making a big deal out of nothing and of things they don't understand (color temperatures, white point balance, etc) I don't really understand it all either, but I know enough to make sense of it all. When comparing the screen to a 6s/6s+, it SHOULD look different as the 6s/6s+ have been measured at a much cooler temperature as a whole (go to ANY technical review that reviews the phone's screens). The iPhone 5's screens have been measured even cooler at around 8000k (blue w/ almost a hint of purple).

In terms of uneven screens (such as what shansoft mentioned), that's an issue all in itself. But this "yellow-gate" is likely nothing and it is doing what is intended per Apple's whole ordeal about color reproduction on this year's phone. It is the same concept of people that think a TV on "dynamic" mode looks better than a calibrated TV (I've witnessed this first-hand more times than I can count when I sold TVs).

Last edited:
He would have had to of read the article, which would have mooted his point that he wants to return his phone because "Apple suxorz"

That is what they all said, but realistically, it never goes away. It just your eye is used to it.

I have phones that came with yellow tint before, it seems fairly common on first batch issue for some reason. The uneven tint never goes away after a year of usage. Most people experiencing the same problem.

Not sure who came up with the "glue curing" thing, but that is entirely bullshit, since the application in between was never yellow color in first place, it was clear.
You've never seen anything cure a different color? And then cure back to what it should be?

Really? I mean, really?

No, there has definitely been curing issues with more than a few phones in the past. Samsung was notorious for it a few years back. However, if the tint is actually uneven (also a major issue with Samsung's AMOLED displays), I'd definitely talk to someone at the apple store about it.

He would have had to of read the article, which would have mooted his point that he wants to return his phone because "Apple suxorz"

You've never seen anything cure a different color? And then cure back to what it should be?

Really? I mean, really?

Yes, really.

I have had multiple iPhone 6/6S for development / test purposes. The one that comes with uneven yellow tint, it never goes away, even after constant running.

Every time when someone report this problem, people always talk about "glue" or "curing" crap. If it is, then why didn't it go away? And no one was able to proof that it will cured either.
A defect is a defect. I have bought iphone since the first generation to the latest one, starting from the 6 gave me the most crap and most defect (6 defects unit in a row IIRC), especially the screen. It looks like Apple definitely had a supplier that sucks at manufacturing these display.

If anyone with an iOS device is interested, Disconnect has an iOS version that normally costs $40 and for the next week it's free:

Privacy Pro — entire device protection on the App Store

If that link doesn't work (or if you're not on a Mac or using iTunes) you can just search the App Store and find it. It's also available for free for Samsung device owners through the Samsung App Store - doesn't come free for any other devices so I have to wonder what's going on there, guess Apple and Samsung made 'donations' or something.

Very useful tool, and in today's world anything that helps protect privacy is a welcome addition to our "toolkits" I suppose.

Yes, really.

I have had multiple iPhone 6/6S for development / test purposes. The one that comes with uneven yellow tint, it never goes away, even after constant running.

Every time when someone report this problem, people always talk about "glue" or "curing" crap. If it is, then why didn't it go away? And no one was able to proof that it will cured either.
A defect is a defect. I have bought iphone since the first generation to the latest one, starting from the 6 gave me the most crap and most defect (6 defects unit in a row IIRC), especially the screen. It looks like Apple definitely had a supplier that sucks at manufacturing these display.
I've bought every generation since the 3G on first run(My wife and I are on opposite upgrade cycles, I got the 6, she got the 6S) and never had the issues you're describing. Hell, I'm typing this on a 6 I got first run with no issues, and my wife's is fine, too.

So you either have bad luck or you want there to be an issue that isn't there. Do some squeak through? Sure, no one is perfect when you produce the quantities we're talking about, but come on. I don't believe this problem is as big as you want it to be.

I remember with the S3 when the adhesive started to separate from the screen causing all sorts of issues.

I've bought every generation since the 3G on first run(My wife and I are on opposite upgrade cycles, I got the 6, she got the 6S) and never had the issues you're describing. Hell, I'm typing this on a 6 I got first run with no issues, and my wife's is fine, too.

So you either have bad luck or you want there to be an issue that isn't there. Do some squeak through? Sure, no one is perfect when you produce the quantities we're talking about, but come on. I don't believe this problem is as big as you want it to be.

iPhone 6 went from, bad pixel, stuff underneath the screen, won't boot, to loose casing... Each time is a exchange by Apple store, and they were quite shock how many defected iPhone 6 I went through.

I suggest you can take a look at this thread here.

Yellow-gate? ;)

Most photos in the thread have exactly the same problem, yellow tint + heavy tint at bottom, especially left. That is the problem I am talking about. I dont mind yellow tint, but heavy tint on a spot of the screen is an awful experience, especially these many people all having the same problem is a clear signal for QC problem.

iPhone 6 went from, bad pixel, stuff underneath the screen, won't boot, to loose casing... Each time is a exchange by Apple store, and they were quite shock how many defected iPhone 6 I went through.

I suggest you can take a look at this thread here.

Yellow-gate? ;)

Most photos in the thread have exactly the same problem, yellow tint + heavy tint at bottom, especially left. That is the problem I am talking about. I dont mind yellow tint, but heavy tint on a spot of the screen is an awful experience, especially these many people all having the same problem is a clear signal for QC problem.

Got our 7+'s last night and neither my wife's or my phone has a yellow tint. Hers is the 32 gig rose gold and mine is the 128 flat black one.

Got our 7+'s last night and neither my wife's or my phone has a yellow tint. Hers is the 32 gig rose gold and mine is the 128 flat black one.

I have two 7 pluses, both are perfect

I have two 7 pluses, both are perfect

My wifes wasn't wanting to activate for about 30 minutes, but once it did its been fine.

Mine last night activated perfect, but this morning the Bluetooth kept fucking up, but half way to work (about 20 minutes later) it was fine. I don't know if it was redownloading contacts to my car or what, but if its still funky with Bluetooth tonight I'll take it to an Apple store this weekend to see whats up with it.

My wifes wasn't wanting to activate for about 30 minutes, but once it did its been fine.

Mine last night activated perfect, but this morning the Bluetooth kept fucking up, but half way to work (about 20 minutes later) it was fine. I don't know if it was redownloading contacts to my car or what, but if its still funky with Bluetooth tonight I'll take it to an Apple store this weekend to see whats up with it.

Thanks for the reminder, haven't paired these with my cars yet. Car Bluetooth has always been a little iffy for me, I wouldn't necessarily worry.

Seems like the newer batch fixed the problem. The first batch was a disaster...

Thanks for the reminder, haven't paired these with my cars yet. Car Bluetooth has always been a little iffy for me, I wouldn't necessarily worry.
Worked fine after work. I'm pretty sure it was just downloading contacts or something.

Had my 7+ for a few weeks now and pretty much love it. I was an Android user for about 5-6 years and finally switched (work provided the upgrade).

The only downside is my 1st phone had pretty loud hissing/coil whine under load and basically when using any application. I got it exchanged yesterday, but this new replacement has cosmetic blemishes on the corners (but very, very faint hissing that you really have to listen for). They ordered another one for me, but I'm now worried that the new one will have louder hissing/whine. I went to Apple to not have to worry about the QC lottery, but it is what it is I guess....

Had my 7+ for a few weeks now and pretty much love it. I was an Android user for about 5-6 years and finally switched (work provided the upgrade).

The only downside is my 1st phone had pretty loud hissing/coil whine under load and basically when using any application. I got it exchanged yesterday, but this new replacement has cosmetic blemishes on the corners (but very, very faint hissing that you really have to listen for). They ordered another one for me, but I'm now worried that the new one will have louder hissing/whine. I went to Apple to not have to worry about the QC lottery, but it is what it is I guess....

I must be lucky because I listened to some of those videos that used microphones turned up to the max and I couldn't hear anything.

I must be lucky because I listened to some of those videos that used microphones turned up to the max and I couldn't hear anything.

My first one's hiss could be heard from around 10 inches away if I was playing a game. I could also hear it in phone calls. I could hear it very faintly just using browsing on Safari. And much like everyone else having this issue, you could definitely hear it when recording video

This new one I literally have to have my ear a few inches from it to hear it under heavy load (even then it is very faint), so it is acceptable except for the cosmetic issues out of the box sadly.

My coworker's phone is quiet as a mouse.

I got to hear it, it was definitely something you didn't want to listen to every time you wanted to use your phone.

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB here.

No hissing, no yellow tint - not a single problem!

None here too. People who are complaining about a yellow tint might just be used to really cold color temperatures.

None here too. People who are complaining about a yellow tint might just be used to really cold color temperatures.

warm colors are fine, but the problem is the uneven tint, most screen have normal warm temp on the right side of the screen, and the left is the awful tint, especially towards to the bottom.

Edit: Just got my replacement phone, the uneven tint is much better than the previous one, since the previous one at the bottom looks definitely defected, even Apple store immediately saw that.
But the uneven tints still there, left side is much warmer than right side, this is definitely a defect on manufacturing process, because I have got another 7+ with absolutely no problem and no yellow tint at all.

Last edited:
I suggest waiting a bit for manufacturing/supply to even out a few months from now before getting another replacement. If the thing does indeed have an uneven display the warranty is just as good few months from now as it is now.

I had my iPhone 7 Plus for a couple of days now through Jump On Demand. So far getting used to that home button has been pretty easy, especially after how they changed his the home button works with iOS10 update.

I got a phone case that is IP67, just like the phone itself. So I dunno what is the point of having all the flaps covering the ports.

Coming from a 6 and a 6S before, I must say the 1080p resolution makes everything look better. Display was great out of the box. It did not need additional curing time as some have pointed out.

Camera in low light Isn't as good as I had hoped... In fact, it's kind of disappointing compared to the marketing. But what else is new?

Battery life. I dunno. Maybe it's that this is new, so I'm playing with it more. And my case has a flap sealing the charging pretty so I might be plugging in my phone less. So with the combination of that, it seems like my iPhone 6S lasts longer. I'm going to keep an eye on this more In the next 12 days.

well just got home from the T-Mobile store.. Traded in my Daughters iPhone SE 16GB to get this (She is going to get my 64gb SE).

I Went with the regular iPhone 7 in the Matte Black 128gb flavor. Could have probably been fine with the smaller 32gb, but between none being available & not wanting to loose space (had about 29 used on my old one, but about 12 of that was music for the rare occasion that I couldn't stream).

So far the phone is hot... And by hot I mean my friends recalled note 7 isnt as hot..

I have been using a wireless headset for a while; I backed a pair of bragi. So I didn't think not having a headphone jack mattered. Well, I forgot to charge my wireless, but I always have a pair of wired for backup... Nope, can't plug that one in!

I have been using a wireless headset for a while; I backed a pair of bragi. So I didn't think not having a headphone jack mattered. Well, I forgot to charge my wireless, but I always have a pair of wired for backup... Nope, can't plug that one in!

Except for the adapter that comes in the box...

Except for the adapter that comes in the box...
I'm actually thinking that I'm going to order a few extra of those adapters and just plug the headsets that I have stashed ready and waiting for when I need then.

A day into the iPhone 7.... Only 2 complaints... First.. This thing is slick as shit. I am afraid to even pull it out of my pocket over concrete, tile or any other hard surface. It just feels uncomfortably easy to drop. The other is that the apple ear buds suck. They do not stay in my ears at all. I never even removed the ones from the box with my iPhone SE as I already had plenty of good ones running around. Wanted to use earbuds earlier & not stand up to go get either of my BR sets so I pulled the stock ones out of the 7 box & never even ended up plugging them in. I will probably be investing in a few more of the little adapter thingys

I dunno how the battery percentages are calculate. But I have been using my phone all morning (browsing, YouTube) and seems like my battery life has stabilize cause I got it last Friday. On Sunday, I was lazy in bed, and, by this time of the day, my battery life was 67%. Today, I'm sick in bed, and right now is 80%.

Just got another replacement.

And this time it doesn't have the crazy yellow tint, that has no difference when turning on night shift mode... Finally....

Seems like the first batch is pretty problematic.

i was playing with a iphone 7 in a store and the screen seem to have a overly blue hue. I wonder if that is normal?

From the iPhone 6 and as a former hater of Apple I love the 7 except for the lack of a headphone jack. Every android phone I've used was very convenient and integrated nicely into google; however, the OS and lack of apps and updates from carriers makes the 7 my go to phone. They need to introduce stronger screen protection even though I've only broken one screen on a phone in the past 7 years. Back in the day before smartphones were imperative, the pool was the largest concern to a mobile.

I think there's also a stronger bluetooth signal. I can now wear my pair of bragi with my phone in pocket outside without choppiness. I use to have to wear an armband for the phone on my right arm when outside.

They need to introduce stronger screen protection even though I've only broken one screen on a phone in the past 7 years. Back in the day before smartphones were imperative, the pool was the largest concern to a mobile.

That's because prior to the iPhone all phones had plastic screens.

That's because prior to the iPhone all phones had plastic screens.
Ehh... Often screens had plastic cover on top and dust went between it and the plastic window/cover but the display was not made of plastic.

Last edited:
Back