iPhone 7 Plus Can Explode Too

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have no idea how this happened but, from the looks of the pictures, the iPhone 7 Plus exploded inside the packaging. Imagine if that would have been in your pocket where you normally carry your phone. Yikes!

Saw this early this morning, not 100% sure that the package itself wasn't damaged in some respect in transit that could have been the cause of the failure. It's entirely possible it was all completely internal, maybe the phone was in a very hot spot (I mean ambient temperature-wise) for a period of time like direct sunlight in a windowed delivery vehicle or sitting on top of a transmission which could have precipitated what eventually would have happened, who knows.

Not a pretty sight, of course, and it's pretty amazing how fast someone from Apple got on the ball - they really don't want any negative publicity right now about the iPhone 7/7 Plus, and anything related to a battery issue of any kind has got to be an absolute "drop fucking everything and shut this story down, now..." type of situation.

Someone probably left it in a hot car. Li-ion batteries don't like heat.

Nothing to see here other then damage while shipping.

Looks like the package was damaged, like it got pierced by something. So, it was damaged, battery lost seal, exposed to air and then the Lith blew. There are warning labels on the boxes that these get shipped in for a reason.

Link to more pictures, one of being the box this was packaged in, which is even more destroyed.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Nothing to see here other then damage while shipping.

Looks like the package was damaged, like it got pierced by something. So, it was damaged, battery lost seal, exposed to air and then the Lith blew. There are warning labels on the boxes that these get shipped in for a reason.

I dunno. If something pierced the box, it would have punched thru or at least broke the screen. Yet, the screen is not cracked but has come off of the body. The back of the casing doesn't look like something hit it, but has extrusion going away from the case. That doesn't look like physical damage from outside.

I dunno. If something pierced the box, it would have punched thru or at least broke the screen. Yet, the screen is not cracked but has come off of the body. The back of the casing doesn't look like something hit it, but has extrusion going away from the case. That doesn't look like physical damage from outside.

Looks like a depression to the back of the phone forcing the screen to pop out.

The screen is glued on. How's it going to pop out without cracking/breaking/shattering first? I suppose it's possible but it just doesn't seem that way to me. The screen is intact... really odd.

The screen is glued on. How's it going to pop out without cracking/breaking/shattering first? I suppose it's possible but it just doesn't seem that way to me. The screen is intact... really odd.

Probably from heat, which melts the glue, and then from intense pressure from the battery bubbling up and expanding before it explodes.

It's already been discovered that the package was punctured with a sharp object and the back of the phone dented in badly. Batteries don't like being stabbed. So it was caused by mishandling by the shipping company, or some retard trying to get karma and gold on Reddit.

The package already shown that the box was punctured through, that is why you can see the actual phone box has a bent curve on the top and rip it open.

There is no way the phone screen still there from the if there is a self explosion that rip through the box. It doesn't really take an idiot to understand this isn't the typical Samsung product explosion.

It doesn't matter if it is ios or android, Apple or Samsung. How many people are aware of the fact that the device they keep in their pocket can explode?

It's already been discovered that the package was punctured with a sharp object and the back of the phone dented in badly. Batteries don't like being stabbed. So it was caused by mishandling by the shipping company, or some retard trying to get karma and gold on Reddit.

Yup!

Well that settles that.

It doesn't matter if it is ios or android, Apple or Samsung. How many people are aware of the fact that the device they keep in their pocket can explode?

Considering how many people I see using their smartphone while driving I don't think safety is a big concern for a lot of people.

Same with putting 100's of these batteries in a car..... And they wonder why the few fires have been so serious.

Back