• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iPhone 4 Creator Fired

The most pathetic thing about this whole ordeal is the fact that iphones are still selling as soon as they hit the shelf's.. fucking moron consumers.
 
The most pathetic thing about this whole ordeal is the fact that iphones are still selling as soon as they hit the shelf's.. fucking moron consumers.

No, the most pathetic thing is people like you and a few others in [H] act like you know what you're talking about, despite the fact that even with the antenna problems, the iPhone4 reigns supreme when it comes to signal strength.

But then it took a long time for people to stop riding the Microsoft hate bandwagon. Hopefully you guys'll grow up from this too. Not holding my breath though.
 
I agree that he is likely partially responsible, but mostly the fall guy.

If what I hear about the way things work at Apple is true it probably went something like this:
- Marketing: It would look cool if the antenna was on the outside.
- Engineering: But it won't work that way!
- Steve Jobs: Marketing,you are right! Engineering, make it work!
- Engineering: But that's a violation of the laws of physics!
- Steve Jobs: I don't care. This is why I hire the best, now go do, I don't want to hear that it won't work.

8 months later after the dropped call issue arises:

- Steve Jobs: You are fired
- Engineering: But we told you it wouldn't work 8 onths ago.
- Steve Jobs: And I told you to make it work, and you didn't. Bye.
 
No, the most pathetic thing is people like you and a few others in [H] act like you know what you're talking about, despite the fact that even with the antenna problems, the iPhone4 reigns supreme when it comes to signal strength.
Let's not turn this into a fanboy vs hater argument. While I disagree with the haters, your statement is obviously incorrect. :p

I've dropped more calls with every iPhone I've had (I've had the original, the 3G and now the iPhone 4) than I have with any other phone, including my old Motorola RAZR.

I've even tested my work AT&T Blackberry side by side with my iPhone and drop more calls with the iPhone.

Apples marketing literature only says that overall the Iphone 4's reception is better than its predecessors, and this I think is correct. I do drop less calls than I did with the 3G or original phone.

That being said, dropped calls even though they are several times more likely on the iPhone than on the blackberry on the same network, are still rare enough that they don't factor into my shopping decision. I value the intuitive and usable browsing interface on the iPhone as compared to its competitors enough that I am willing to put up with the slight signal disadvantage.

Both the iPhone haters and the Apple fanboys are equally off the mark. The iPhone is a product, and like all products it has its advantages and disadvantages, and depending on what your priorities are its going to be for you or not.

The people who don't buy an iPhone just because it’s an iPhone are just as retarded as those who buy an iPhone just because it’s an iPhone. You need to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each.

I'm willing to wager that many of the people bashing the iPhone on here have never even used one outside playing with it briefly in the Apple store. Before I got my iPhone 4 I was very frustrated with AT&T and Apple and I was determined to switch to Verizon. I tested the Nexus One's, Droids and even Sprints EVO's and would consider all of them a huge downgrade from my iPhone. None of them were as intuitive and convenient to use for browsing. When using the web browser on the Droid I frequently got frustrated and got up and went to my computer to do something instead. This almost never happens when I use my iPhone.

So yes, the iPhone has problems, but its useability is so much better than its competitors that in the current market you couldn't pay me to switch. I would love to have one on Verizon's network though.
 
I wonder. they may have produced this issue but with all the user studies and such why did NO ONE pick up on this issue? AT&T would have tested it, they would have done market research on it, in short a slew of other parts of the company would have (or should have) been using the thing and yet no one notices until its released to the public?

I'm sure they did do at least some testing on it. And in the traditional Apple secrecy, I'm sure they had to sign a stack of NDA's and contracts stating that it would be in a "3gs-like" case to disguise its identity. And therefore hide, yet again, the antenna issue.

Zarathustra[H said:
]
I agree that he is likely partially responsible, but mostly the fall guy.

If what I hear about the way things work at Apple is true it probably went something like this:
- Marketing: It would look cool if the antenna was on the outside.
- Engineering: But it won't work that way!
- Steve Jobs: Marketing,you are right! Engineering, make it work!
- Engineering: But that's a violation of the laws of physics!
- Steve Jobs: I don't care. This is why I hire the best, now go do, I don't want to hear that it won't work.

8 months later after the dropped call issue arises:

- Steve Jobs: You are fired
- Engineering: But we told you it wouldn't work 8 onths ago.
- Steve Jobs: And I told you to make it work, and you didn't. Bye.

Sounds like as workable of a senario as any. As shady as their business practices are, the industry as a whole has to recognize that Apple does have their finger on the pulse of the masses.
 
Zarathustra[H];1036035800 said:
No, the most pathetic thing is people like you and a few others in [H] act like you know what you're talking about, despite the fact that even with the antenna problems, the iPhone4 reigns supreme when it comes to signal strength.
Let's not turn this into a fanboy vs hater argument. While I disagree with the haters, your statement is obviously incorrect. :p

I've dropped more calls with every iPhone I've had (I've had the original, the 3G and now the iPhone 4) than I have with any other phone, including my old Motorola RAZR.

I've even tested my work AT&T Blackberry side by side with my iPhone and drop more calls with the iPhone.

Apples marketing literature only says that overall the Iphone 4's reception is better than its predecessors, and this I think is correct. I do drop less calls than I did with the 3G or original phone.

That being said, dropped calls even though they are several times more likely on the iPhone than on the blackberry on the same network, are still rare enough that they don't factor into my shopping decision. I value the intuitive and usable browsing interface on the iPhone as compared to its competitors enough that I am willing to put up with the slight signal disadvantage.

Both the iPhone haters and the Apple fanboys are equally off the mark. The iPhone is a product, and like all products it has its advantages and disadvantages, and depending on what your priorities are its going to be for you or not.

The people who don't buy an iPhone just because it’s an iPhone are just as retarded as those who buy an iPhone just because it’s an iPhone. You need to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each.

I'm willing to wager that many of the people bashing the iPhone on here have never even used one outside playing with it briefly in the Apple store. Before I got my iPhone 4 I was very frustrated with AT&T and Apple and I was determined to switch to Verizon. I tested the Nexus One's, Droids and even Sprints EVO's and would consider all of them a huge downgrade from my iPhone. None of them were as intuitive and convenient to use for browsing. When using the web browser on the Droid I frequently got frustrated and got up and went to my computer to do something instead. This almost never happens when I use my iPhone.

So yes, the iPhone has problems, but its useability is so much better than its competitors that in the current market you couldn't pay me to switch. I would love to have one on Verizon's network though.

Well I'm going to be honest with you, I'm hearing impaired, so I don't call anyone nor does anyone call me. I use my iPhone exclusively for data and text, which was why I picked iPhone over any other phones. It was simply the best phone when it comes to data at the time I first got it (the 3GS). It could do so much more than any other phones despite a few missing features (MMS once upon a time, flash bulb for the camera, Adobe Flash player), and I've been very satisfied with it. It was easy to use, easy to type on, and the had the most intuitive and responsive touch screen than any other phones.

Dropped calls were the least of my worries.

I was given an iPhone 4 from my boss 2 or 3 weeks ago since I qualified for an upgrade with our business plan. I didn't ask for it. The box was sitting on my desk. I've had zero problems with it and it was a hundred times faster (of course I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean). I was really impressed with it. Perhaps I had a later revision that some reported not to have the problems the launched phones had. I've read somewhere that despite the antenna problem, when there isn't a signal problem, the iPhone 4 is one of the fastest smartphone when it comes to pulling data off the internet on 3G and Wifi.

I don't have the phone anymore. I used it for a week and a half then I gave it back to my boss and told her that I wanted to hold out for the Captivate, but thanks though! I appreciate the thought. I just wanted to try something different after several years of iPhones. Before that I was a Blackberry user since the first smartphone in 2002. What can I say? I like variety. I just hope that I can find similar apps I've enjoyed on the iPhone.

I don't have the Captivate yet. The bosses have been extremely busy, so they haven't gotten around calling AT&T yet. Boo! The suspense is killing me!
 
The captain of the Indianapolis was court martialed for its sinking 65 years ago last week. Think admirals and generals should have been court martialed for McVay not following orders?

They should have been court martialed for trying to throw McVay under the bus. Bottom line it was the their failure to not even know the ship was overdue that caused so many deaths. They wanted a scapegoat, and they tried to pin it on him even though there was no valid cause.
 
Back
Top