iPhone 14 / iPhone 14 Pro

I bought a 14 pro max, and Pixel 7 pro, and currently was using a S22 Ultra for the last 9 months or so.. I was going to trade in my s22 for the pixel, however, I've had nothing but wifi issues with the pixel so I've sent it back. The 14 pro max has been solid, and what I am using now. I may sell the S22 Ultra shortly.
There are times I think Apple succeeds with products simply because it doesn't trip up as often as its peers. If Google and Samsung are the entitled sports stars who miss practice and occasionally whiff games, Apple is that ruthlessly competent player who rarely stands out, but is always reliable. The iPhone 14 Pro Max may do well simply because there are fewer "gotchas" that hit devices like the Pixel line, or even the Galaxy S22.

I just switched to T-Mobile after 21 years of Verizon and traded my S21 Ultra (the biggest piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of owning) for the 14 Pro Max. I'm not super happy about being locked in to face ID but I've had it before and it was fine. Otherwise it seems like a great phone from playing with it in the store. I have to wait a day or two for it to show up because they had no stock, then I get to jump through the hoops of trying to remember my Apple login and move everything over.

I just switched to T-Mobile after 21 years of Verizon and traded my S21 Ultra (the biggest piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of owning) for the 14 Pro Max. I'm not super happy about being locked in to face ID but I've had it before and it was fine. Otherwise it seems like a great phone from playing with it in the store. I have to wait a day or two for it to show up because they had no stock, then I get to jump through the hoops of trying to remember my Apple login and move everything over.
I'm about to switch our 4 lines to t-mobile ourselves. AT&T is pretty bad in our area and so is Verizon. Hope it works out for ya.

I'm about to switch our 4 lines to t-mobile ourselves. AT&T is pretty bad in our area and so is Verizon. Hope it works out for ya.

My problem has been since they started going to 5G, service is so bad for me. I waited 2 years and it only got worse. I tried the T-Mobile esim trial thing and service was fantastic, at work where I get a big fat nothing with verizon (literally nothing, signal bar with an X over it) I was getting 50-80mb downloads. At home now where I used to get 1 bar of 4G I now get 5 bard UC5G and 500+mb downloads. Its actually faster than my $100 a month cable internet for download speed.

Swapped over and its saving me $55 a month for better service. I went to the verizon store first and explained my issue with the service and they basically just laughed at me and went back to playing in their phones.

As far as the phone, this S21 Ultra has been awful. The original ones screen slowly turned yellow and then failed in the first 4 months I had it, and this warranty replacement thats refurb by Asurion is trash. Always had issues, especially with bluetooth and just recently its started shutting itself off. I thought it might be the case putting pressure on the buttons so I took it off and nope, it'll just shut off randomly.

Pretty excited to go back to an iPhone, I'm not a phone person I just want it to work and that was my experience with several of them up until I got the 12 and it had the radio issues - thats how I ended up with a Samsung because they had no stock left of the 12.

My problem has been since they started going to 5G, service is so bad for me. I waited 2 years and it only got worse. I tried the T-Mobile esim trial thing and service was fantastic, at work where I get a big fat nothing with verizon (literally nothing, signal bar with an X over it) I was getting 50-80mb downloads. At home now where I used to get 1 bar of 4G I now get 5 bard UC5G and 500+mb downloads. Its actually faster than my $100 a month cable internet for download speed.

Swapped over and its saving me $55 a month for better service. I went to the verizon store first and explained my issue with the service and they basically just laughed at me and went back to playing in their phones.

As far as the phone, this S21 Ultra has been awful. The original ones screen slowly turned yellow and then failed in the first 4 months I had it, and this warranty replacement thats refurb by Asurion is trash. Always had issues, especially with bluetooth and just recently its started shutting itself off. I thought it might be the case putting pressure on the buttons so I took it off and nope, it'll just shut off randomly.

Pretty excited to go back to an iPhone, I'm not a phone person I just want it to work and that was my experience with several of them up until I got the 12 and it had the radio issues - thats how I ended up with a Samsung because they had no stock left of the 12.
Exact experience we are having. We moved to San Antonio in a area southeast where AT&T is bad. One bar in our house and outside. Calls don't come in sometimes. Can't even use the internet on the phone as a lot of times won't come up. A friend came over with Verizon and a neighbor has them and said its bad, they have to go outside sometimes to keep the signal from breaking up. We got tmobile home internet for our house (only available internet except satelite). We get 500 down and around 40 up. I am also testing Tmobile 3 month, and home and work both have strong signals. No question about it that we are switching. I am just figuring out the best way to do it. I just got our iPhones all unlocked. Its just hard to get all the phones in my hand to go in. Want to see if I can call and have them switch us, but not all at the same time. Lets move 2 or 3 now, and move the 4th once I can get it. Also, make sure you get that tmobile insider code. See Reddit for that. 20% off for life on your plan. If you are within 14 days of switching you can still get it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/xd7hue/megathread_insider_code_exchange_thread/

Exact experience we are having. We moved to San Antonio in a area southeast where AT&T is bad. One bar in our house and outside. Calls don't come in sometimes. Can't even use the internet on the phone as a lot of times won't come up. A friend came over with Verizon and a neighbor has them and said its bad, they have to go outside sometimes to keep the signal from breaking up. We got tmobile home internet for our house (only available internet except satelite). We get 500 down and around 40 up. I am also testing Tmobile 3 month, and home and work both have strong signals. No question about it that we are switching. I am just figuring out the best way to do it. I just got our iPhones all unlocked. Its just hard to get all the phones in my hand to go in. Want to see if I can call and have them switch us, but not all at the same time. Lets move 2 or 3 now, and move the 4th once I can get it. Also, make sure you get that tmobile insider code. See Reddit for that. 20% off for life on your plan. If you are within 14 days of switching you can still get it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/xd7hue/megathread_insider_code_exchange_thread/

I didn't bring my watch in (it has its own line) and they just got the phone number from my Verizon account and switched it. If you have iphones with esim you probably don't even need to bring them as long as you have the other information.

Do those codes stack with veterans discount?

I didn't bring my watch in (it has its own line) and they just got the phone number from my Verizon account and switched it. If you have iphones with esim you probably don't even need to bring them as long as you have the other information.

Do those codes stack with veterans discount?
They do not stack. It's one or the other, but its for life.

Just got a iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Love it.
Anything stand out? I imagine the always-on display remains the big hook, but I'm curious about your camera experience and general take. I'm not about to rush to replace my 13 Pro, but if my wife can snag a 14 Pro at a discount on installments...

I went from a 13 Pro Max to 14 Pro Max. If you're a camera nerd and appreciate RAW it's definitely worth it! My S22 Ultra looks like trash in comparison. Also the speakers are really good, the best I've heard on a smart phone.

Even if you can't make use of RAW, the camera improvement is noticeable over the 13Pro.

I was thinking about getting the 14 pro max but I’m in the 12 pro max and I didn’t think the jump would be worth it. I was going to wait at least until the 15/16 to upgrade, but y’all think it’s improved that much that it’s worth the upgrade?

I was thinking about getting the 14 pro max but I’m in the 12 pro max and I didn’t think the jump would be worth it. I was going to wait at least until the 15/16 to upgrade, but y’all think it’s improved that much that it’s worth the upgrade?
I would only make the leap if you really want the always-on display. The 12 Pro Max is still fast, takes great photos and offers many of the other creature comforts of modern phones; wait another year and you'll likely get considerably more for the money.

I decided I wanted to play with Adobe Aero.
I want a more toy experience than anything hardcore vr creation.
I’ll upgrade from my SE2 when I can figure out Illustrator and Character Animator a bit more productively.

It’s less a personal device and more a component in a workflow.

If you sell your old phone, now would be the time to do it and upgrade. If you hang on to your old phone, then perhaps it’s not worth it as much.

I went from a 13 pro max to a 14 pro max and yes I can tell a difference. I sold my 13 pro max and made out well.

After a few days of using the 14PM I’m pretty happy with it with the exception of a few things.

- I can’t use Spotify as my alarm any more
- the screen has terrible touch response in the corners, like pressing a little x on a site can take a dozen tries
- Bluetooth often refuses to connect to my car, I have to re-pair it every other day

Otherwise it’s been great and the battery life is beyond fantastic compared to my S21 ultra. I can use the phone for 10 hours at work and be at 80% when I get in the car, the S21 would have been down to 15% twice in the same amount of time. Some of this is due to letting go of Verizon and actually having service once in a while. T-Mobile has been excellent where I live.

Back