IP35 Pro - Firewire Headers...

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Ok, I'm in the middle of a build (IP35 Pro and P180B case) and I'm connecting all the headers atm (fans, firewire, usb, etc etc). For the USB headers, do I need to start from FPUSB1 or can I use whichever one I choose (FPUSB4 is the closest to the front panel and I want to use that)?

Also, regarding the firewire headers...I would say they're badly placed. My 8800GTX hsf covers them. I've had to snake my front panel firewire and the fireware 800 on the attached card under the hsf...the cables themselves are touching caps and parts of the mobo. Is that gonna cause a short? Are the cables going to melt overtime from heat? I'm a little bummed out about them...

For the front panel audio, if I'm using third party sound card and disable onboard audio, should I still connect front panel audio connectors to the mobo? Or leave them disconnected?

Thanks all.

You can use whatever USB header you want.

I don't think you'll have a problem shorting anything out.

If you're using an add-in card, you have to hook the front panel audio connections to that if you want to use them. Otherwise, don't bother hooking them up to your motherboard as it won't do anything since the onboard is disabled.

Back