IP Camera DVR Software

I just bought two Dlink DCS-932l IP cameras at a garage sale today for a solid price. Both work as expected, but I'm having trouble finding good software to control recording. The included Dlink software is a mess, program randomly crashes. I'm looking for something simple that can allow me to control recording 2 feeds, maybe in separate one hour file chunks, and will auto delete old files after a set amount of days. Free software would be nice but I'm willing to pay for something reasonable.

I've been intrigued by ZoneMinder. It looks like it can be incorporated into a plugin or service for OpenMediaVault. Which would be nice.

And ZoneMinder is opensource.

BlueIris is usually the software that people talk about.

I picked up BlueIris. At the moment I'm impressed with everything except for their Android App. It's very clunky feeling. I suppose I'm use to the Google Nest app.

I picked up BlueIris. At the moment I'm impressed with everything except for their Android App. It's very clunky feeling. I suppose I'm use to the Google Nest app.

Although the app could use some ui design, it works really well.

does blue iris allow you to add any IP camera? specifically trendnet ip450
I didn't go look for that model specifically, but BI supports cameras from a long list of manufacturers, including Trendnet. They also support several "generic" protocols that almost every camera supports too. So odds are good your Trendnet ip450 will work great.

Blue Iris, the interface looks straight up from the 90s but it is reliable and has a ton of features.

There was a thread about this a while back you may wish to search for. I ended up going with Synology Surveillance Station. My favourite by far was the Ubiquiti software, but it only supports the ubnt cameras which weren't up to scratch (and a bit pricey/hard to acquire... at least in the UK).

Back