iOS 9 jailbreak is here!

Shoulda gotten an android if you're gonna jailbreak iOS

I'm an Android guy, but I can acknowledge that a jailbroken iPhone can be just as customizable as a rooted Android. Therefor this seems pretty ignorant.

Then instead of buying a Corvette, that same person should have bought a Ferrari if they want to go fast.

Logic, right?

As a current iPhone 6S owner (who also briefly owned an iPhone 6 to lock in my Jump! On Demand $15 rate), a lot of my Apple wall-garden problems could be solved if they just let us change the default apps in the first place. Here's hoping the EU or some political system that works would fine Apple for forcing default apps on us. This is my top hope for Apple.

I'm also hoping for a better UI control where I would settle for at least being able to move the icon to any grid location I want. But this is just my second hope.

Other than that, I'm enjoying my over 8 hr SOT without a custom rom + kernel.

Back on topic, if I were to jailbreak, what should I install from cydia?

Agreed. Jailbreaking ios8 was one of the most worthless things I've ever seen for a phone. Cydia is a mess, tons of stuff you have to pay for, and hardly any customization even after jailbreaking.

Here's hoping the EU or some political system that works would fine Apple for forcing default apps on us. This is my top hope for Apple.

You want a government regulating which icons are on your phone's homescreen? With all this talk of government-mandated backdoors and reversible encryption, I don't want any governments having anything more to do with my phone's OS than they already do. The control they exert over the baseband is enough of a problem already.

You want a government regulating which icons are on your phone's homescreen? With all this talk of government-mandated backdoors and reversible encryption, I don't want any governments having anything more to do with my phone's OS than they already do. The control they exert over the baseband is enough of a problem already.
Forcing default apps DOES NOT EQUAL icons... what the hell are you talking about? This is like Microsoft forcing IE on everybody but worse cause you cannot change the defaults. This also has nothing to do with surveillance.

I also trust democratic governments over corporate greed to work for the better good of the people.

Forcing default apps DOES NOT EQUAL icons... what the hell are you talking about? This is like Microsoft forcing IE on everybody but worse cause you cannot change the defaults. This also has nothing to do with surveillance.

Sorry, I misread and thought you were talking about the default apps that are preinstalled that many people don't use (like the Watch app, etc.). It's easy enough to change the default mail and browser apps with a jailbreak. Even if you change the default browser though, Apple's private APIs for Safari mean that another browser is never going to be as fast at rendering content and as efficient on battery as Safari is. It would be nice if I could change the default mail app to GMail on a regular iPhone, but it doesn't make that much difference to me personally. It's only one tap away.

I also trust democratic governments over corporate greed to work for the better good of the people.

That's nice, but I still don't want the government mandating anything about my phone's operating system. It's a slippery slope to backdoors and carrier meddling.

Have you missed the news about Snowden and wikileaks ?

Agreed. Jailbreaking ios8 was one of the most worthless things I've ever seen for a phone. Cydia is a mess, tons of stuff you have to pay for, and hardly any customization even after jailbreaking.
The ignorance is strong with this one, too. :p :rolleyes:

Regulation on Apple's default apps probably isn't going to happen. Typical antitrust law requires that you have market dominance... well, Apple doesn't, possibly never will, and probably doesn't care. That's why Google's under the microscope... it not only has dominance, its policies help enforce that.

With that said: it'd be nice if Apple would let you switch up at least some default preferences, like the web browser and email client.

You guys still crying?

Don't jailbreak iOS, just get a damn android that'll give you massive capabilities without tampering with the OS.

You guys still crying?

Don't jailbreak iOS, just get a damn android that'll give you massive capabilities without tampering with the OS.

Can you recommend an Android device that will run my iOS apps?

You guys still crying?

Since recently switching to iPhone and I've been with Android since the G1, consistency is Androids biggest problem. Massive customizing abilities but dealing with badly written apps is the trade off. Gaming on the iPhone is vastly superior to Android gaming for example. And then there is random battery life drain, that you pretty much have to root the phone to get the battery life better. Like I said, if Apple would let me change my default apps (just want Google Maps/waze instead of Apple Maps, Outlook instead of Mail, and possibly Google Now instead of Siri), it'll make my biggest grip about Apple go away.

Can you recommend an Android device that will run my iOS apps?

No, I cannot. The apps I used on iPhone 6 are available on my Galaxy S6 :cool: Sorry you're having such a hard time finding iOS apps to run on android.

No, I cannot. The apps I used on iPhone 6 are available on my Galaxy S6 :cool: Sorry you're having such a hard time finding iOS apps to run on android.

It really is tough! I can't find a single Android device on the market that will run IPAs! It's weird! Let me know if you come across anything, but in the meantime, I'll be just fine on my jailbroken iPhone. :)

It really is tough! I can't find a single Android device on the market that will run IPAs! It's weird! Let me know if you come across anything, but in the meantime, I'll be just fine on my jailbroken iPhone. :)

Okay. :p

Since recently switching to iPhone and I've been with Android since the G1, consistency is Androids biggest problem. Massive customizing abilities but dealing with badly written apps is the trade off. Gaming on the iPhone is vastly superior to Android gaming for example. And then there is random battery life drain, that you pretty much have to root the phone to get the battery life better. Like I said, if Apple would let me change my default apps (just want Google Maps/waze instead of Apple Maps, Outlook instead of Mail, and possibly Google Now instead of Siri), it'll make my biggest grip about Apple go away.

On the flip side, I would never look back to another iphone again if apple released imessage for android.

Me telling the truth of jailbreaking being pointless

Explain, then. I get a lot of utility out of jailbreaking my device that is not otherwise available. Making my phone work how I want it to is "pointless?"

Some of the things I've jailbroken for in the past (f.lux, app windows/multitasking, etc) are available to non-jailbroken users now, but other functionality I rely on (OpenSSH, CCSettings, Dim, Filza) has not. Until everything I like about using a jailbroken device is available in jailed iOS, I'm going to continue to jailbreak.

and still nowhere near matching the customization of an Android device

I don't jailbreak to compete with Android, I do it because it makes the device that I have, that has the apps I've built and bought, work how I want it to work. Android is not a solution for me at all unless it somehow magically runs all my existing apps (whoever figures out how to do this first is going to make a shitload of money). If all I cared about was the phone being able to be modified to my specifications, I'd be using an Ubuntu phone which is far more user-controllable than Android can ever be.

Me telling the truth of jailbreaking being pointless and still nowhere near matching the customization of an Android device != ignorance.

:rolleyes:
I was just responding to his overly critical "ur ignorant" remark with a very facetious remark. Hence the rolling eyes.
Your ignorance of what can be done with a jailbroken iPhone was revealed by your original comment, and your lame reply confirmed it.

Any suggested Cydia apps/tweaks to download? Got JB done on the first try.

Any suggested Cydia apps/tweaks to download? Got JB done on the first try.

f.lux and Dim for using your device at night.
Filza for managing files that Apple won't normally give you access to.
Medusa for multitasking without an Air 2.
OpenSSH so you don't get locked out of your device if you goof something up (change the default passwords immediately).
Live Photos Enabler if you want Live Photos on a device <6S.
Activator once it's updated for iOS 9 for gestures and custom action triggers.

Good suggestions by CEpeep. Some of my favorites are:

Anchor
BytaFont 2
CallBar
HideMe
iFile
Intelliscreen X
SBPowerAlert
Slide2Kill Pro
Speed Intensifier
Vertex
VirtualHome

My current theme is Primo Ombra.

Some of these need to be updated to iOS 9, but it won't be long before they're ready.

I'm still running iOS 8.3 (jailbroken) on my 6+. Definitely will upgrade to 9 now that it's been set free.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, majority of the apps you guys mentioned does not support iOS9.0.x yet.

Unfortunately, majority of the apps you guys mentioned does not support iOS9.0.x yet.

Everything I mentioned except for Activator and possibly Dim have been updated for iOS 9, though in some cases you need to add a new repo to get a beta version.

The Jailbreak reddit is probably the best source for news about what's being updated and when, aside from following the individual Twitter feeds of various developers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/

Your ignorance of what can be done with a jailbroken iPhone was revealed by your original comment, and your lame reply confirmed it.

My opinion of jailbreaking an ios device being pointless doesn't induce ignorance. Ignorance would mean I never jailbroke it to begin with and was just making up that it sucks.

I have jailbroken ios8, it was stupid and pointless. My opinion appeared to upset you, then you instantly resorted to name-calling.

My opinion of jailbreaking an ios device being pointless doesn't induce ignorance. Ignorance would mean I never jailbroke it to begin with and was just making up that it sucks.

I have jailbroken ios8, it was stupid and pointless. My opinion appeared to upset you, then you instantly resorted to name-calling.
You can't let it go, can you? :p No hard feelings and no names were called.

If you didn't know what to do with a jailbroken iPhone, then stay in your little Android world and just go away.

You can't let it go, can you? :p No hard feelings and no names were called.

If you didn't know what to do with a jailbroken iPhone, then stay in your little Android world and just go away.

6 plus here on ios9.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

-I think jailbreaking my ios9 6 is pointless for me, I miss the customization of droid
-You get great use out of jailbreaking ios

You aren't allowed an opinion, apparently. I have used both iphone jailbreaks and an android unrooted and I PERSONALLY feel the flexibility of the android, stock, beats the iphone jailbroken.

In the end, no matter what we say, we will told we have no idea what jailbreak can offer us because we don't agree its the cats pajamas.

You aren't allowed an opinion, apparently. I have used both iphone jailbreaks and an android unrooted and I PERSONALLY feel the flexibility of the android, stock, beats the iphone jailbroken.

In the end, no matter what we say, we will told we have no idea what jailbreak can offer us because we don't agree its the cats pajamas.

Yet you come into a thread specifically about jailbreaking to try to tell people who are interested in jailbreaking that it's pointless? What is the logic here? You guys are just trying to stir up shit for no reason.

I was just defending his opinion. Its why I replied directly to him. That's how discussions work. Welcome to the internet.

Back