iOS 6 released

I have iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken on my iPad, is there any real advantage of upgrading to iOS 6 and thus losing JB. I'm not going to be using Maps or Siri on an iPad. Biggest feature I see is iCloud tabs. Is it noticeably faster?

I'd say Safari is noticeably faster. If the OS itself is faster, I believe the difference is marginal.

The Javascript engine in Safari has been improved, so it's almost worth it just for that. They also seemed to finally fix the lag when scrolling over to the Spotlight screen, not that I ever use it.

The new UI seems inconsistent.

For instance, the Music app looks great, when you're in it. But if your screen is locked and you double click the home button to pull it up, the old interface is used, with the old slider and everything. Why couldn't that be improved?

Then why in the settings is brightness and wallpaper combined? That doesn't really make much sense.

I've been noticing little things like that.

Anyone else not have Siri install on iPad 2?

Siri isn't available for the iPad 2.

Then why in the settings is brightness and wallpaper combined? That doesn't really make much sense.

Because both are display-related settings. One option controls what's on the display, the other controls how well you can see what's on the display. It's a centralization of related options, and it also cleans up the Settings list for an update that added several new top-level options, like Do Not Disturb and making the Bluetooth control top-level.

Installed it on an iPhone 4 and it's a lot faster. Everything is smoother and Safari is incredibly responsive. I like the new layout of the Music app, but of course, not too excited about the Maps app, but Google's online maps will do for now.

My battery life seems to have taken a hit, though.

Back