Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

My question I always ask is "was it really that slow before that 'twice as fast' is actually noticeable?"

Well that's a huge negative. One of the main reasons I'm on Firefox is cause I get to make it look the way I want. Oh well, guess I'll stick with 56 for as long as I can.
But, why would you need plugins to mess with the interface when Mozilla says there are more than 265 nonillion ways to customize it out of the box!

upload_2017-11-15_8-58-7.png

Did you disable hardware acceleration? Not sure what your GPU is but there are some lingering Nvidia bugs with FF for a while now. The latest drivers seem to have resolve most of the issues though.

I've got an acer aspire with an i5-6300HQ which has built in graphics (HD 530) and also an nvidia GPU (GTX 950m). I have it setup to only use the nvidia GPU when I'm gaming so the lock occurred will the intel GPU was active. I'll see if there's an update for the intel GPU, if so, I'll try Quantum again.

Works great, but only a few of the extensions I use work on it.
Back to 54...

I see making a New Tab open to my Home Page is still considered an abnormal user request. Thankfully the add-on to fix that is updated.

Well besides needing to change from the dark theme to light and move some things around the taskbar it's fast and can now take advantage of multiple cores.
Before I would have one thread taking up 2 gigs of memory with all tabs open, now it's split down to 200mb for each instance.

Not happy the tab/hotlinks has been reduced down though and they are small with no way to make them larger in options.
I lost 3 quick tabs for my favorites sites.

Oh, and many of my add-on's are now legacy and no longer work so I have to go look for something else.
Slim chance the creator will update so they can be used again.

I bought one of those super lightweight but horribly under powered laptops that runs forever, and Firefox Quantum is excellent for it. The fastness makes it feel like your actually using a real desktop instead of something that uses less power than an LED lightbulb.

I'm talking about the N3xxx series CPU's that are sub 2Ghz.

Also I had never used the Sync before Quantum, but they made it obvious in Quantum. So I have been using it and I love it. Sign in and passwords, bookmarks, and add-ons just start working. Very good user experience.

Posting from it. Firefox finally has a good 64-bit version. So far, I'm impressed.

Back