Internal USB3 Hub? Does this exist?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
So,

My new motherboard a single traditional internal USB3 header, and two of those newfangled Type C headers.

My case has two type C cables and two USB3 cables.

I'm not a heavy USB user, but I know it will drive me nuts if I repeatedly plug things into USB ports on the front of the case that don't work.

Is there such a thing as an internal USB3 splitter or hub?

Essentially I want to turn one of these into two of them:

1609116646097.png

(not my pic)

I was considering getting another USB3 card for this purpose, but unfortunately I am using all of my PCIe slots in this build.

I've done a little googling, and the only thing I came across was this which is a bit overkill for me, only available used, and costs $80, which is a bit nuts. I normally don't mind overkill, but I am not spending $80 on a used USB hub.

Appreciate any suggestions.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
youd have to use a hub like what you linked or adapt it down to usb 2, if you have an open usb 2 header.

youd have to use a hub like what you linked or adapt it down to usb 2, if you have an open usb 2 header.

I might use a USB2 adapter. Or I might just unplug one of the two "USB 3.1 Gen 2" Type C headers and use an adapter to the older USB header on one of those.

The truth is, I have almost no devices that use USB Type-C. The only one I can think of is my Pixel3, so there is no way I need two USB Type C ports on the front panel...

I might use a USB2 adapter. Or I might just unplug one of the two "USB 3.1 Gen 2" Type C headers and use an adapter to the older USB header on one of those.

The truth is, I have almost no devices that use USB Type-C. The only one I can think of is my Pixel3, so there is no way I need two USB Type C ports on the front panel...

Could always go with a pcie adapter to give you some extra rear ports and a internal header so everything is wired up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JFR2H64/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_kK.6FbPPN01FC
Or if you want to convert a usb-c (aka 3.1) to 3.0 header like you noted: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083S6WLHV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_.L.6Fb44SKWY4

Unfortunately other than the one you listed there arent many options.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back