Internal Bluray + X-QPack2 = Problems

Redz

n00b
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
3
Hi everyone,
I'm new to these forums, at least as a registered member. As the title states, I'm having some issues with finding an internal Bluray player that will fit into my X-QPack2 case. I went to Frys yesterday and bought an LG Bluray/HD-DVD drive and went to put it in and found that it was too long, in order for it to fit I would have to remove the sata cable. I have a Samsung DVD drive in there that fits perfectly, its 6.5 inches in depth and all the Bluray drives that I have seen are a bit deeper.

I have a SilverStone modular psu that works great, its a SST-ST60F. I've contemplated in getting a smaller one, but I think its pretty small to begin with. Plus, I really want to stay with a modular psu to keep the amount of cables dangling around to a minimum.

As far as going with an external, my options go up in price and loose out on the HD-DVD option unless I go with the OWC Mercury Pro, which has a bigger price tag. Also, I'm moving to Australia soon, so the 220 volt switch might be a problem as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more info or some photos to help illustrate the problem.

Eric

edit: Just in case there is a thread out there dealing with this issue, I apologize in advance. I've done all the searches I could think of.
 
Maybe someone could suggest a smaller psu that is modular? I can always throw the one I have on Craigslist since its in perfect condition.
 
modular PSUs are generally longer because of additional space needed for the plug interface.

Just get a Silverstone ST50 EF SC.
 
Thanks for your reply. I decided I would get a Corsair 520W HX which is modular and will allow room to fit the LG Bluray/HD-DVD drive. Unfortunately I took the drive back, now they are selling for $50 more. I'll keep my eyes open I guess.
 
Back
Top