Interesting problem with hard drive

lt_shiro

2[H]4U
i was cloning a hard drive and they is hidden partition. Right now I have 80 GB of usable space. How can delete or format the whole drive to recover the missing space.

i was cloning a hard drive and they is hidden partition. . How can delete or format the whole drive to recover the missing space.

You sure you want to do that?

Some computers come with a hidden recovery partition instead of restore/reinstall discs.

If you don't care/need that, check out this thread.

its 320 gb hard drive with 80 GB of usable... recovery partition is taking rest of the space;

its 320 gb hard drive with 80 GB of usable... recovery partition is taking rest of the space;

You sure that's not system restore?

If so just remove the restore points and dial back the space it's allowed to use.

let me explain again

i was cloning a 100 GB to 320 GB drive.

they was 80gb OS partition, after the cloning. They is 80 GB OS partition on 320 GB.

in disk management only shows 80 GB partition on the drive. Rest of the space is gone.

I thought even with recovery partitions that they showed up as formatted drives, so if he goes into disk management it should show whether or not it has been formatted. That or perhaps it was used for TrueCrypt or something similar.

Download eraseus partition manager, they have a free version, it should allow you to expand the partition into the free space.

thank you Duff76 :D

@hidodie - its hidden recovery partition which can not be seen in disk management.

Back