Interesting new panels coming this year (Tftcentral news)

I totally agree with you. too bad engineers created those tiny pixels monsters that sell like crazy: 25" 2560x1080, 27" 2560x1440, 34" 3440x1440 and 40" 3840x2160. but fear not, for they also created the 32" VA panel with 2560x1440 resolution for cases like yours.

Laser blended vision and VR headsets will change they way we choose monitors as we age.

Had to steer my father away from a 27" 4k. Even on win10 adobe can't sort their shit so it's a non option for now... he was sold on 4k (totally against it until seeing it) but doesn't want a 40" setup.

Can you elaborate more on laser blended vision please? Laser is my bread and butter and have not heard of this yet. Cheers,

but doesn't want a 40" setup.

having just adopted 48" 4k, I can understand it.

It is not for everyone sitting about 60cm away from something about 20" tall, however if you do programming etc. it is amazing. I have such room with the IDE for watch, command, error, immediate, toolbox, property and solution panels, then coding & design space whilst also having two full screens for browsing and have references open for whatever language im using. its incredibly amazing.

and an excel spreadsheet on full screen....

So, no new 27" 1440p G/Freesync?

Aren't the current ones getting over a year old now? I was hoping for a refreshed 27" 1440p lineup, but I guess everyone's moving to ultra-widescreen now (which I'm not keen on)

Or 38" 4k that'd be nice. I feel 40" and above getting a bit big for desk use

Can you elaborate more on laser blended vision please? Laser is my bread and butter and have not heard of this yet. Cheers,

laser blended vision
is a refractive eye surgery for presbyopia (short-arm), quoting the link:

Laser Blended Vision works by increasing the depth of field of each eye through subtle changes in the optics of the corneal spherical aberration.[2] The increase in depth of field allows for the eyes to be corrected in such a way that the dominant eye is set for distance and intermediate vision while the non-dominant eye sees best in the intermediate to near range.

I do know it is available now in UK and Canada, but the wikipedia article has USA fonts as well.

Here is yet another update to the TftCentral articles, only concerning AUO:
LCD and TFT Monitor News

In short:
- 25'' & 27'' 1080p 240hz TN panels end of 2016
- 35'' 3440x1440 now 200hz VA end of 2016
- 31.5'' 1440p 144hz VA Q4 production (same as planned Samsung panel)
- 27'' 1440p 144hz VA in planning phase
- 27'' 4k 144hz AHVA (IPS) mass production in 2017
- 240hz 1440p planned in 2017

(Updated OP)

Last edited:
Reactions: elvn
like this
The graphics ceilings aren't going to get any lower in the future either.
I'll be dialing in my still graphics quality eye candy in exchange for better motion excellence aesthetics (blur reduction, motion definition and articulation) of 100fps-hz average or so with a pair of 1080ti sc on aio coolers in sli early next year regardless of what the arbitrary graphics ceiling is in any given game.

RiS81LX.png

High hz is meaningless without filling it with new, more current frames of motion. Especially in 1st/3rd person games where in addition to the travel of individual objects and effects in relation to each other, you are moving the entire game world around in relation to your viewpoint constantly while movement-keying and mouse-looking.
For me 100fps-hz average is where you should be at least. With variable hz, around 100fps-hz to 120fps-hz average provides a constantly "vibrating" range of frame rate which on a graph usually goes 70fps-hz to 75fps-hz up to high 130's with a few potholes and spikes here and there depending on the game. So you are get maybe 30% to 60% blur reduction and 1.x:1 to 2.4:1 motion definition and motion articulation increase but it's all over the graph.

Back