Intel X25-M 80GB $214.99 with Free Shipping @ NewEgg!

Was considering one at the original price so this is a pretty good deal, in for one.

Thinking of grabbing one. What matters most: write speed or read speed?

With the Asus Crosshair IV releasing next week, gonna go with a SSD for Win7. Anyone know if this one is top of the line???

Figures, I just ordered one of these from Newegg less than a week ago, lol.

I guess the sale isn't super dramatic, though.

for that super biz deal, i thought if you used any discount coupons you werent eligible for bing cashback. am i wrong? i used a 15% off coupon code for a hp laptop i bought direct from hp. i bought thinking id get bing cashback but a week later i got an email saying my bing cb was denied because i had used a coupon for my hp purchase. is this not the same thing?

I received BCB for the Samsung F3 deal I bought last week from superbiiz. I don't know if they can take it out of my account but it still shows as of right now.

well i went with the sub biz deal for the retail version they had it for 15% off got me to around 209.99 - Bing 200ish. i don't have to worry about buying another bracket for these ssd drives since the retail one comes with one. only a couple more bucks saved on my part from neweggs deal

Thinking of grabbing one. What matters most: write speed or read speed?

With the Asus Crosshair IV releasing next week, gonna go with a SSD for Win7. Anyone know if this one is top of the line???

I'm not entirely sure if this is correct but I think it's neither. The number of I/Os is probably more important. Fast reads and writes are great but a lot of what the OS is doing is a lot of small reads and writes. The Intel SSD can handle these requests while also putting up respectable read/write speeds. There are definitely SSDs that can do faster sustained transfer speeds but I'm not sure that they can match the Intels I/O. I ended up getting an X25-M 80GB...

Back