Intel X-25M, 164.99 after MIR at Newegg - Mildly Hot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 147607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 147607

Here is the link.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. 80gb with Free Shipping...I'm snabbing one.

Best,

LC

I never could get my two of these to work with RAID 0, even after firmware updates. I think my newer one is defective ...

SirKronan,

I've dealt with Intel many times for RMA's...I wouldn't expect any problems. Just get an RMA and replace the unit that you think is defective.

Turnaround time has usually been a couple of weeks. They usually ship within 3 days after receiving the unit. If they don't, give them a call....they might expedite your shipping.

They've done this for me twice.

LC

The drives are good for raid. But for just one they are showing their age now. But still a decent price on it though.

OH,

Precisely why I mentioned waiting three days...;). They've upgraded me for free. Not overnite mind you...but better than another week of waiting.

Best,

LC

Precisely why I mentioned waiting three days...
Understood...but I'm one of those who absolutely hates the telephone and I'm not enjoying call stacking either. ;)

I guess the 25.00 is acceptable to me for the no-hassle situation.

No biggie, It's just a value judgement and everyone has their "line".

They might be older, but they are plenty good for the 165 dollar asking price, in my mind. Gives me time to save for the biggest g3 Intel ssd.

I grabbed Intel x-25m (brand new) for $145 on ebay today. This is a solid deal on newegg.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Considering G3 SSD will come out in the beginning of next year, you may as well wait till then to get twice the capacity, slightly better speeds at the same price.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
They're using 4myrebate for this promotion...the same guys that are used for OCZ rebates. Cannot really say that I've had a bad experience with them but just something to be aware of.

Thanks for heads up night_2k4...my experience with OCZ's rebates has been iffy at times, but I've always received them...however they've taken awhile.

$145 is a steal. The X25V-40's we're $125 not so long ago...

I'm wondering just how fast a person needs. I've use both the V's and the M's, these G2's seem pretty darn fast to me. In the office I use the V's and the pc's literally fly on Windows XP. We have to use XP because of Compatibility issues with our older charting software...

At home, I use the 80gb G2 with Win 7, I couldn't be happier. I'm going to put the new one in my HTPC and finally kill off my last raptor drive.

Again, I'll say...how fast is fast? The G3's are supposed to be quicker and the new SF controllers that take advantage of Sata3 are supposed to fly...but I can't click more/quicker than I am now...

OH, we do have two things in common. Old. and Hippie. ;).

Best,

Liquid Cool

Considering G3 SSD will come out in the beginning of next year, you may as well wait till then to get twice the capacity, slightly better speeds at the same price.

IMHO, it's not worth waiting months in a Plain Jane HD. The SSD experience is too good to wait for.

Back