Intel SSD X25-M 80GB 199.99 - 30 MIR = 169.99 EGG

Guido02

Limp Gawd
Is this a good deal for an SSD? It doesn't seem like it is that fast of a drive. It seems that the Gskill SSD was a better value.

Meh... I'd just wait the new drives are supposed to come out soon at double the capacity. All the sales are just to clear the old stock. The intel drive really is overpriced now, more than $2 a gig while other drives on sale are at $1.50 a gig or lower.

Uhh, why? Either wait or get an Agility 2 90GB for the same price or 120GB for < $10 more at Newegg (and even cheaper at Microcenter in store if that deal is still going on). Sandforce is better than Intel G2.

this sale exists to clear stock but is an excellent deal on a top quality drive that is by now very well tested and widely used, very fast, and very reliable. I bought another one.

Been running this drive for several months now. Been totally glitch free and awesomely fast. Can't wait for the 1 terabyte version to hit the streets.

Uhh, why? Either wait or get an Agility 2 90GB for the same price or 120GB for < $10 more at Newegg (and even cheaper at Microcenter in store if that deal is still going on). Sandforce is better than Intel G2.

A little birdie told me the Sandforce drives have a propensity to fail.

still about $50 too much after rebate... id pay $1.50 per gb

This is a good deal for the best SSD on the market outside of the 160GB. If you're too cheap to pay this much, you don't deserve one. They're awesome.

This is a good deal for the best SSD on the market outside of the 160GB. If you're too cheap to pay this much, you don't deserve one. They're awesome.

This is not a good deal at all.. not quite sure what you talking about..

This is not a good deal at all.. not quite sure what you talking about..

This is a good deal for this particular SSD. To be honest, at this point I'd only go for Intel or the Crucial C300. SandForce is just too new for me to trust it, especially since it's not bit-for-bit storage.

Indilinx is good too, but IIRC Intel is faster.

Also, the Intel G3 25nm SSDs may be delayed. There was an article about it somewhere (don't really care to find it right now) and I asked Anand on Twitter and he checked it out. He got back to me a day ago and mentioned Intel's roadmaps still show Q4 2010 as the release date, but he's hearing it may in fact be Q1 2011.

FWIW - I purchased this drive from a [H]ardForum member for $230 a year ago. Its been fantastic! If I hadn't already purchased the Corsair FS60 for my GF's rig - I'd buy this due to being a solid performer in Win7 64Bit.

While it's a good deal, I'd be pissed if they release the G3 at the end of the month after having purchased one.

I'm weighting my options.

While it's a good deal, I'd be pissed if they release the G3 at the end of the month after having purchased one.

I'm weighting my options.

As already pointed out, that's the most likely reason prices are nudging downwards...clear the channels of old product to stimulate demand for the new ones.

I'm aware of that, but Anand's article points out that G3 might show up in Q1, which can be all the way till March. Buying now instead of waiting for a product to come out in 5 months is different from waiting for a product coming out in 3 weeks.

I'm currently building a rig, and the GPU and SSD are the only components I'm not ready to pull the trigger on, while other components are presently here in their boxes.

I understand. It's always a gamble when you're trying to get the biggest bang for yer buck.

I hate waiting when I have a pile of boxes and there are only one or two ingredients missing.
The sys I'm building for my wife...I threw an OCZ drive onto the parts which had arrived and installed W7 Ultimate without plugging in the license key...so for 30 days I can muck around and learn SSD before I assemble the actual system....it's doing folding and crunching like a beast.

Any gossip about G3 new features? Also, do I really have to move temp files to a regular drive?

I'm aware of that, but Anand's article points out that G3 might show up in Q1, which can be all the way till March. Buying now instead of waiting for a product to come out in 5 months is different from waiting for a product coming out in 3 weeks.

I'm currently building a rig, and the GPU and SSD are the only components I'm not ready to pull the trigger on, while other components are presently here in their boxes.

Which Anand article? I'm interested in the G3 and thought it was supposed to be out some time in Q4.

The G3 is delayed till after Q4. This is a good buy, I'd jump on it but have 2 G2s already and wouldn't trade them for any other drive on the market (I've owned most).

Anyone know what's the difference between the current SSD and the "new K series" newegg touts?

Apparently, the K series comes with Sata Data Cables / Power Adapters, and a different sticker! The screws and 3.5" adapter are still there too.

Back