Intel Shuts Down Internal Ad Agency

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
AdAge reports that Intel is shutting down Agency Inside, their internal advertising agency. The advertising-focused publication calls Intel "an industry poster child for running a successful in-house agency," but the company allegedly wants to focus more on business relationships and less on consumer marketing. This change comes amid a large internal shakeup at Intel, who just recently lost their CEO and split up their manufacturing branch.

The group was responsible for a drone show at the Olympics earlier this year, a follow-up to a Super Bowl effort during Lady Gaga's halftime show in 2017. Intel also ran a 2017 Super Bowl commercial starring Tom Brady that touted its 360-degree replay technology. The Brady ad was handled by McGarryBowen, but Intel execs have touted the in-house shop's collaboration with external agencies. Intel's decision to gut its in-house shop runs counter to the industry-wide trend of growth in the strategy. A recent report from the Association of National Advertisers found that 78 percent of marketers have some form of in-house agency, up from 58 percent in 2013.

Are they responsible for the $$$$$$ Intel has been forking over on giveaways and sponsorship to keep AMD eclipsed from any mind-share? I'd hate to see those giveaways vanish. :p

Are they responsible for the $$$$$$ Intel has been forking over on giveaways and sponsorship to keep AMD eclipsed from any mind-share? I'd hate to see those giveaways vanish. :p
No they have just been the ones keeping Intel's name on things seen by the average Joe so they know the name Intel, when was the last time you heard the phrase "And this years Superbowl half time show is brought to you by AMD"

I read 'internal advertising' and thought, "Wait, they need an advertising team to convince their own employees to buy intel?"

Last edited:
Who did the Intel bunny suit games (back in the days of the P2 I think?) Intel was a house hold name back then.
The company needs a kick in the pants. AMD kicked them in the crotch and they are responding.

Back