Intel Self-Learning Artificial Intelligence Chip

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While AMD and NVIDIA's GPUs have been at the forefront of all that have been marveling at AI and what it is going to do for us, we have not heard a lot out of Intel. Seems as though Intel is now ready to talk about; Neuromorphic Computing: The Future of AI and Compute. OK, the video does not tell us a damn thing, besides the fact that Intel thinks its marketing team is worth spending money on, but you can read a bit deeper at this page. I know that I am working "neuromorphic" into at least three conversations this week just to watch peoples' reactions. Thanks cageymaru.

Check out the video.

Introducing the Intel Loihi test chip - The Intel Loihi research test chip includes digital circuits that mimic the brain’s basic mechanics, making machine learning faster and more efficient while requiring lower compute power. Neuromorphic chip models draw inspiration from how neurons communicate and learn, using spikes and plastic synapses that can be modulated based on timing. This could help computers self-organize and make decisions based on patterns and associations.

Video translation: "Hey guys, we still exist but we totally missed the boat on the processors needed for efficient AI/ML so here's a bunch of stock B footage and a fancy narration. Enjoy!!"

The fact they don't show off anything makes me think this is vaporware or it performs poorly in comparison to other offerings.

Artificial intelligence will have learned too much about humans one day.
It all starts when a message pops up on an IT console somewhere in the world.

"Fucking hell I hate humans."

So It will become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th, and name itself Skynet.

So It will become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th, and name itself Skynet.
Then build a rocket ship and say the hell with you stupid humans. That or kill us all or in slave us all.

Then build a rocket ship and say the hell with you stupid humans. That or kill us all or in slave us all.
I'm ok with any of their plans, only if they still wipe us from the planet.

Back