Intel Sandy Bridge HD 2000 or ATI 4550 for photoshop?

pdp76

Weaksauce
I'm pretty much set on getting an i5-2400 on which the most demanding tasks I'll be doing is photo editing with Photoshop CS5. I was just wondering, should I just use the built in SB HD 2000 graphics, or would there be any advantage to bring over my old ATI 4550 with 1GB RAM?

The HD4550 should have slightly better OpenGL performance (and doesn't share memory bandwidth with your CPU), in addition, disabling the IGP might allow your CPU to turbo longer :D

If you have it already, it's faster than the GMA HD3000 (since the HD4550 is also faster than the HD5450 the GMA HD3000 is often compared with :eek:).

The HD4550 should have slightly better OpenGL performance (and doesn't share memory bandwidth with your CPU), in addition, disabling the IGP might allow your CPU to turbo longer :D

If you have it already, it's faster than the GMA HD3000 (since the HD4550 is also faster than the HD5450 the GMA HD3000 is often compared with :eek:).

Whoa, talk about quick reply :D You just got to the point, I might as well just use the 4550 then since it sounds like I'll get a little bit more performance, free up some RAM, and plus I already have it, thanks!

Whoa, talk about quick reply :D You just got to the point, I might as well just use the 4550 then since it sounds like I'll get a little bit more performance, free up some RAM, and plus I already have it, thanks!

No problem :) Few posts are made at this hour, so you got all my attention :D :p g'night! (and good luck!)

Back