Intel Retail Edge Winter Deal 2014

I don't understand how people that ordered like a week and a half after those of us with 213XXX/214XXX are getting shipping notices. I ordered a 5930K and still nothing yet.

I'm not complaining :p but it is strange!

i ordered my 5930k awhile ago, like day 3 of being live i think. I have no idea about my shipping... the order confirmation is being sent to a random email from a employee from staples haha. I just hope it gets here eventually.

still crossing my fingers. Got some side xmas money from my dad in the mail, One sent to my house, the other sent to my office. The home card had money that I knew my wife would take for bills which is what we are doing with all the xmas money, My dad sent a card to my office with some cash in it to just for the x99 build that I thought was never going to happen but now im really close to having enough. My friend bought me 8gb of ddr4 and a h110 and This is enough for a mobo. Now i just need a gpu

How soon until people start getting their 4790k's and throwing them up on eBay?

Alright grinded out 100 learning activities for Rockstar level and picked up a 5930K. Rock Legend has a 12 month time requirement, and by the time I fulfill that all the learnings I did tonight will fall off the map and I'd have to start over. What a dumb rank.

Anyways, I got to Rockstar with about 2 hours of grinding going straight to the quizzes. I know enough about Intel products to be able to pass most of the quizzes first try. Also having a friend on a second computer doing quizzes helps :)

Last edited:
Rock Legend requires a lot of stuff.... still at Rockstar
good idea having your friend do them =)
being a intel member is like Rogaine club have to keep up

How long do these normally go until? Probably until they run out i know

I'm not throwing my on ebay =)
My 4770K on the other hand I might get rid of just throw in in the garbage like Intel wants.
I think I'll keep both for a while unitll I know the TIM isn't shit and it's not overheating ect..

My order is showing up on the FedEx website now. Ordered on the 3rd a few minutes after it went live.

just ordered 5930k. I hadn't logged in for a while but did 100 learnings and got to rockstar easily. Intel made rocklegend way too hard. I mean what a stupid rank, the effort vs rewards is so not worth it. I am sure people that are nerdy enough will spend their precious hours getting that rank. For me rockstar is good enough and rocklegend just isn't worth my time.

I just ordered it and not even sure if I am gonna use it but I am really tempted this time to upgrade because I have had my 3570k since launch year and this is the longest time I haven't upgraded my rig. Its been running along fine, but I might just justify upgrading it this time and this should last me years to come lol.

did any of you use a friends account... and used your shipping and billing address on it?

Date/Time
Activity Location

-

12/30/2014 - Tuesday

3:36 am Arrived at FedEx location
CHICAGO, IL

-

12/29/2014 - Monday

10:42 pm Picked up
CAROL STREAM, IL

9:38 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Date/Time
Activity Location

-

12/30/2014 - Tuesday

3:36 am Arrived at FedEx location
CHICAGO, IL

-

12/29/2014 - Monday

10:42 pm Picked up
CAROL STREAM, IL

9:38 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Did it originally depart from Chicago? If so, yay itll be a short trip for mine. 👳

Yeah I'll stay up all day so I can sign for it tomorrow =) Going from 4770k to 4790K I like the idea of a 4.0 GHZ clock instead of the 3.5 GHZ which I'm getting now.
I know you won't be able to tell the difference in just about anything except a few benchmarks but it's cheap =)

I would overclock but knowing my luck capacitors would blow.

5930k ordered hours after it went live. Just shipped yesterday.

Installed it like a hour ago so worried about bending those pins on the motherboard. I'm glad I took it apart to get the dust out.

I can tell in Battlefield 4 there is less CPU usage.

Thing runs a lot hotter then the 4770K even with the TIM more watts and it's a Malaysia chip.
5-10 degrees hotter with my 212 EVO.

did any of you use a friends account... and used your shipping and billing address on it?

My friends account from staples, I put my credit card/shipping on it, i live 3 hours away haha

My friends account from staples, I put my credit card/shipping on it, i live 3 hours away haha

did you get a shipping notice yet? How are you guys checking tracking if you haven't received shipping notices yet?

did you get a shipping notice yet? How are you guys checking tracking if you haven't received shipping notices yet?

Email on the account isn't really the retail worker's account so the notifications go to who you want them to.

wut?
I asked him to check for a email today to see if there was any notices

I just got refunded for my 5930k...... wtf fucking livid... I have a mobo and ddr4 ram here.... great....

Wow haven't heard of any refunds from the Retail Edge program before.

Wonder if there was some problem shipping the item couldn't be delivered due to wrong address?

When you ordered, did you receive a Holiday Order Confirmation and receipt?

Got my ship notice this morning. So something like 3 weeks from ordering to shipment.

It'll be up on ebay shortly :)

Back