Intel Retail Edge Winter Deal 2014

I'm still deciding whether I should go X99 or wait for Skylake. I hate waiting, especially for another twelve months, but the rumors of a 20-30% IPC increase are tempting.

I would never buy a six core CPU at retail prices because I just don't need one. I edit HD videos now and then, use Photoshop a few times a week and play games at 1080p which my 2600K handles just fine which is why I cannot figure out why I want a 5930K so badly. :D

I'm still deciding whether I should go X99 or wait for Skylake. I hate waiting, especially for another twelve months, but the rumors of a 20-30% IPC increase are tempting.

I would never buy a six core CPU at retail prices because I just don't need one. I edit HD videos now and then, use Photoshop a few times a week and play games at 1080p which my 2600K handles just fine which is why I cannot figure out why I want a 5930K so badly. :D

For me, with a 3930k from Intel 2 years ago from my i7 930, it was an easy call considering I was able to get a motherboard from the Intel Rewards store for free with it. Using DDR3 and some mainstream stuff at the time helped as well. If I were you, I would wait. I would feel right on the breaking point if I were you but with DDR4 pricing the way it is, it is a lot easier to pass in my opinion because watching it come down like it will can only serve as frustrating. That is my two cents.

OMG some guy from Microcenter said he sold his CPU on the Intel Forums so they kicked him out of the program.
He bought the 8 core 5960x instead with the sold 6 core CPU =)
I've been honest so in this program...I suppose they could track the serial is someone you sold CPU serial is cross referenced.

Last edited:
I finally have met all of the qualifications for Rock Legend.....I missed one quick poll question but they offered 3 of them this month. I did over 200+ learning mods posted on the message board at least once a month and have over 100,000+ chips or points....

Now I just need to wait till August rolls around they grant people Rock legend status only in February and August.

I got kicked out of the program permanently also =[

did you try talking to support and disputing it or was it an obvious infraction of rules?

Back