Intel Retail Edge [H]oliday Deal 2011

Okay, thanks for the tip! I guess I'll work at the job now couple days a week, save points and hopefully will still have it come May. Heh.

Actually, one more last question!
How long does it take to accumulate points? i.e how long did it take you to get rockstar?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a question.
a) How often do they do these deals? Is it only for the winter?
Twice every year. During the Summer and Holidays (Fall/Winter).
b) if I got a retail job asap, do you think they would still have these available for Feb?
Yes if you got the job asap and complete the required training, you can participate and no, the deal is live 'til Jan 5th 2012. Each time there is a deal, they usually last for a little over a month.
c) If I got a job, and ending up leaving, can I still access the benefits?
No

Thanks

I worked retail for a long time... but I might return for a bit until I get a bartending job

There are 4 status levels. I'll just quote from the website so you can read for yourself. You can reach Rockstar status in a few hours. There are a lot of quizzes you can take for 500 - 1000 points. They also have a store they update every month that you can use your points to purchase stuff in. For example: this month they had a Logitech G500 mouse for 50,000 points.
LEVEL 1: ROADIE
New members start at Roadie status.

Roadie Privileges and Perks

• Gain 500 Chip joining bonus
  • Additional Chip earning opportunities
  • Receive invitations to Intel® Retail Edge Live events
  • Get Intel® Retail Edge Program swag bags at Live Events
  • Participate in Member Drawings

LEVEL 2: PRODUCER
All you have to do to move from Roadie up to Producer is achieve a level of 10,000 Chips earned in your Account.

Producer Qualifications
Become a Producer as soon as you earn your first 10,000 Chips.

Additional Privileges and Perks

• Redeem your Chips for cool stuff in the Online Store
  • Participate in the Summer Deal and Holiday Deal
  • Participate in Online Auctions

Keeping Producer Status

You need to earn at least 1,000 Chips per month to keep your Producer status. Dip below that and you fall down to the Roadie level. The easiest way to score 1,000 Chips is to get a 100% on the current monthly Learning Course quiz—so study up!

LEVEL 3: ROCKSTAR
By consistently participating in Intel® Retail Edge Program activities, you can move up to the Rockstar level.

Rockstar Qualifications
Become a Rockstar as soon as you have earned 40,000 Chips in your Account.

• Get full access to all products in the Online Store, including Rockstar-only items
  • Receive Rockstar treatment in the Summer Deal and Holiday Deal
  • Score exclusive Rockstar swag at live events

Keeping Rockstar Status

To keep Rockstar status, a minimum of 2,000 Chips must be earned every month. If this minimum is not earned in the specified timeframe, you are automatically downgraded to the next highest status level for which you qualify.

ROCK LEGEND
Only the most dedicated members can be Rock Legends. Do you have what it takes?

Rock Legend Qualifications
To become a Rock Legend, you must meet a specific set of requirements. This is a bit different than the other status levels which you can achieve by simply earning more Chips. Rock Legends are anointed twice annually (winter and summer). Legends automatically keep their status for six months—until the next class of Legends is announced. A Legend will retain his or her status by adhering to the maintenance requirements below.

To reach the new, exclusive Rock Legend status level, you need to have:

• Been a Rockstar for at least one (1) full year—this means never falling back to Producer or Roadie statuses during that year
  • Attended live, or watched on-demand, every webinar offered within the last 12 months
  • Answered the Quick Poll question within 30 days of its launch—every month for one (1) full year
  • Opted in for focus groups and surveys (when offered)
  • Replied to or started a thread in the Message Boards in the past 90 days
  • Current employment verification

• Special Rock Legend acknowledgement
  • Opportunity to sign up for an appearance in a Program video
  • Special drawings only for Rock Legends
  • Exclusive Online Store products for Rock Legends

Keeping Rock Legend Status

Not everyone can be a Rock Legend. It takes dedication, talent, and hard work. Rock Legends who complete the maintenance requirements will retain their status. All others will be downgraded after six months, to the next highest status for which they qualify. Here’s what you need to do to keep your status:

Every month you must:

• Earn at least 2,000 Chips per month
  • Answer the Quick Poll question within 30 days of its launch
  • Reply to or start a thread in the Message Boards
  • Complete the Online Survey in the month it’s released (when offered)
  • Volunteer for focus groups (when offered)
  • Participate in 1 webinar, webcast, on demand, or Live Event (when offered)
  • Maintain your employment verification

Actually, one more last question!
How long does it take to accumulate points? i.e how long did it take you to get rockstar?

Thanks!

40,000 chips is a few hours minimum. Most things are worth 500 points and take a few minutes each.

If you rush through them and only get 80% though you only get 50% the normal point value.

Yeah, you definitely need to make sure you get the questions right or else you lose half the point value.

I am not sure if everyone can reach rockstar in a few hours. Maybe I just suck at these things but I think it would take me a day and even if you are really fast, I think it would take 5+ hours.

I found out about this.. last year? I didn't make it to rockstar until a few months ago but I didn't really make it a huge focus for me. It's only like 10-15 dollars difference for the rank difference. I just worked on it through the year and now I just have to take 2k worth of points per month (VERY easy) and I stay Rockstar.

I found out about this.. last year? I didn't make it to rockstar until a few months ago but I didn't really make it a huge focus for me. It's only like 10-15 dollars difference for the rank difference. I just worked on it through the year and now I just have to take 2k worth of points per month (VERY easy) and I stay Rockstar.

yea.. takes about 15 minutes a month to maintain status... i m sure everyone here just skips the lessons and go straight to the quizzes : )

Does anyone know if you can use someone else's credit card / billing info / shipping info on this thing?

My brother wants me to get it for him and it would be a lot easier if I could just use his CC and shipping info (he lives in NY, I live in CA).

Does anyone know if you can use someone else's credit card / billing info / shipping info on this thing?

My brother wants me to get it for him and it would be a lot easier if I could just use his CC and shipping info (he lives in NY, I live in CA).

Yes.

my coworker once ordered 9 of the i7-970s all under the same CC w/ same shipping address lol.

Seriously if anyone won't be taking advantage of this for whatever reason, PM ME PLEASE!!! I'll throw some cash your way for the help!

My 2700k was out for delivery today, but signature required. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it.

I currently have 2500k, will I see a huge benefit with the 2700k? From everything I've read, the difference is small.

I'll probably end up getting it and selling my 2500k instead.

I currently have 2500k, will I see a huge benefit with the 2700k? From everything I've read, the difference is small.

I'll probably end up getting it and selling my 2500k instead.

I have the 2500k also, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Mine is due to arrive Wednesday but I don't think I'll be putting together a new build so will probably look to trade for a GPU or something.

Anyone from canuckistan get a shipping order yet? D: Made my order on the 1st <_<

Is it even worth upgrading from a 2600K to the 2700K? I'm not even overclocking at the moment because I don't need it right now. I suspect a lot of people will be putting these on eBay because they all have the 2600K!

They are selling right now for $320 shipped. lowest I've seen.
If it gets to $250 I'm down.

Has anyone gotten the motherboard they are offering and can confirm that you can overclock it?

I have had Intel boards in the past (many years ago) and they had zero overclocking features.

Has anyone gotten the motherboard they are offering and can confirm that you can overclock it?

I have had Intel boards in the past (many years ago) and they had zero overclocking features.

The old badaxe they offered with the 920 eons ago was usable, it wasn't great though.

Definitely not worth the money you're paying for it. Any Asus/GB/MSI board is going to run circles around it.

It was a P67 board. If it was a z68, I would have thought about it or even if it was a good deal, but I didn't see any point in spending $20 less than the Newegg value for that board.

Are you guys who are being to track/recieve them already also getting emails letting you know it was shipped?

Received my i7 2700k today...notice they didn't bother to package the i7 2700k properly.
I'm waiting on the case to get here so I can put the computer together.

20111207142308815.jpg

20111207193056442.jpg

lol @ buying this for 100 and selling for 300 fuckingi greedy ass people

You clearly haven't worked in retail... Trust me when I tell you these people deserve a break. Either a good processor for cheap, or a "$200 bonus" at Christmas (when they'll most likely be working all week rather than spending time with family).

ya i mean haters gonna hate im just hating cause i coudlnt get one and paid 320$ for my i7 but old got 250$ back when i sold it yet half the world (not even people who deserved it or even gonna use it) get a 370$ proc for 75$ lol

ya i mean haters gonna hate im just hating cause i coudlnt get one and paid 320$ for my i7 but old got 250$ back when i sold it yet half the world (not even people who deserved it or even gonna use it) get a 370$ proc for 75$ lol

Kind of harsh saying some people don't deserve it, lol

I think you really need to stop crying about it. The only group who decides who does and doesn't get the deal, is Intel, and they're responsible for what happens to these chips.

And if the history with their ES chips is any indication, if they care, they go hunting.

Back