• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
751
I have a Raid10 with 4x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Drives.
Running an ICH10R chipset

questione.jpg


I already have about 1.1TB of data on the Raid10 Array which is truecrypt encrypted.

If I click this button labled initialize will it erase my volume? The software says It needs to be done prior to clicking verify to ensure the raid is good.
 
I don't know, I haven't found much info on RST, and I have issues where its reporting errors but so far there's no actual data loss or problems occurring. As with anything, you should back it up completely before trying regardless.

I just wish I could find a way to access the SMART data of the drives without physically yanking them out and putting them in another PC.
 
No, the Initialize does not wipe out your data.

I've never rebooted while an initialize was in progress so your mileage may vary.

intelrstafterinitialize.png
 
sorry to tag onto this thread, but can i change my raid-0 stripe size on my 2 SSD drives that i have windows 7 installed to, or would i have to re-install/re-image my windows install ?

i would think i would have to re-create the entire volume ?

right now i run a 128k stripe, is that the best for SSD raid-0 ?
 
Maybe I missed the boat, but I believe he's talking about the Intel RST software or the screen shot in his post.
Eye See says the blind Old Hippie! :)

Thanks!

PS....In that case I vote Initialize is your friend and should be OK to run.
 
Back
Top