Intel Processor RMA Process

Anyone fill me in as to just how likely I am in even getting a response from Intel in regards to a RMA request for a defective I7-6700K processor? I bought this 2 months ago and ran into a few problems from the start. I got intermittent blue screens and corrupt data . If got so bad that two weeks ago I couldn't get anything but a blue screen after post even trying to load a fresh copy of windows 10. I put the chip in a different motherboard and the problem followed the cpu so I know the chip is bad and no, I never overclocked it. I opened up a support request a few days ago with Intel and as of yet their has been no response. Am I wasting my time? I need my system back up but hate to drop another 350 bucks because of a bad processor from Intel.

Anyone fill me in as to just how likely I am in even getting a response from Intel in regards to a RMA request for a defective I7-6700K processor? I bought this 2 months ago and ran into a few problems from the start. I got intermittent blue screens and corrupt data . If got so bad that two weeks ago I couldn't get anything but a blue screen after post even trying to load a fresh copy of windows 10. I put the chip in a different motherboard and the problem followed the cpu so I know the chip is bad and no, I never overclocked it. I opened up a support request a few days ago with Intel and as of yet their has been no response. Am I wasting my time? I need my system back up but hate to drop another 350 bucks because of a bad processor from Intel.

Well going into day 4 and still no response to support request from Intel. Their website lists my request still as " new" which by their definition means my support request has not even been read yet, not very encouraging. As it stands right now I have little faith that this will be a quick process and I guess this is Itels way of offering a warranty but discouraging all but the most determined from using it. I'm not lost on the fact the one helpful link they do provide is to be able to easily cancel your support request. Guess I have no choice but to either purchase another Intel CPU or wait for Ryzen.

4 days and the only option left is to buy another CPU or wait for AMD? You need patience.

4 days and the only option left is to buy another CPU or wait for AMD? You need patience.
Well 4 days is plenty of time for any decent company to respond to an RMA, you may feel otherwise , so be it. I ended up calling and they counldn't even find my request even after giving them a copy of an automated email with a support number on it they sent me. Had to open a new RMA request and finally got an reply to that right away now I send the chip back then it will take 4 or so business days to show in their system after they receive it , then 7 -10 more days to receive the new CPU. All and all about a 3 weeks to a month to complete the process, better than tossing 350 bucks down the drain but hardly spectacular customer service.

I had a faulty 6700k and it was really a painless RMA. Took about a week door to door back and forth DE-NL-DE here in europe.

They told me nothing about the issue whatsoever. It died during Asus Auto-Overclocking procedure at 4.7 full load test. The CPU was stable at 4.8 ( for a while ).

FYI: The CPU was about 5 weeks old when I started the RMA.

Well 4 days is plenty of time for any decent company to respond to an RMA, you may feel otherwise , so be it. I ended up calling and they counldn't even find my request even after giving them a copy of an automated email with a support number on it they sent me. Had to open a new RMA request and finally got an reply to that right away now I send the chip back then it will take 4 or so business days to show in their system after they receive it , then 7 -10 more days to receive the new CPU. All and all about a 3 weeks to a month to complete the process, better than tossing 350 bucks down the drain but hardly spectacular customer service.

My first 6600K died after roughly a month of spirited use. It's worth the time to avoid waiting for a reply, and just contact Intel by phone. It took me less than 5 minutes total to call them, get a rep on the line, and get the RMA started. I sent in the bad CPU and had a brand new one in hand within a week+ 2 days of getting the RMA #. The new chip was already in the mail when the RMA showed up as received in Intel's online system. They seemed on point, as the new CPU was packaged up to send out the same day (maybe 2 hours after?) the return arrived there. It will be a much faster process than you seem to be worried about.

not to mention that's pretty cool of intel to rma chips killed during OCing. ive never even tried to rma a chip I cooked.

not to mention that's pretty cool of intel to rma chips killed during OCing. ive never even tried to rma a chip I cooked.
I would think Intel shipping chips unlocked would expect a few back to fail due to (hence the up charge). The thermal throttling should keep the irresponsible ones at bay. A chip that won't post at stock even after upping the multiple at some point had an unintended failure somewhere and that customer should be taken care of imo. In this business, burn someone once and they won't come back. Just not worth it in the long run.

well apparently they do cover OCing IF you buy a protection plan, nothing to do with it being k/unlocked. news to me.
http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/faq and http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/purchase-a-plan runs $10-50 depending on the cpu. huh!

amd says basically "you know the risk, we aint covering it".
from amd pdf:
"DAMAGES CAUSED BY USE OF YOUR AMD PROCESSOR OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL AMD SPECIFICATIONS OR OUTSIDE OF FACTORY SETTINGS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY AND MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR BOARD OR SYSTEM MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. SEE THE AMD OVERDRIVE UTILITY END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICABLE AMD OVERCLOCKING UTILITY FOR DETAILS."

Of all CPU's I had to return a 6950x that died on me. I mean it just died. No overclock no stress testing, nothing. D E A D ....

So of course I was like ... Jesus H Christ .....

I went through the process, packaged it as per instructions, returned it and in 8 days got the replacement.

Pay close attention to Intels shipping instructions. They are simple but I see this as a potential problem if someone is retarded about it.

Of all CPU's I had to return a 6950x that died on me. I mean it just died. No overclock no stress testing, nothing. D E A D ....

So of course I was like ... Jesus H Christ .....

I went through the process, packaged it as per instructions, returned it and in 8 days got the replacement.

Pay close attention to Intels shipping instructions. They are simple but I see this as a potential problem if someone is retarded about it.

Well after not hearing for almost a week from Intel via their website I contacted them directly and the agent I spoke to couldn't find my support request in their system so I had to open a new one. I received an RMA approval email with hours after this and emailed my defective CPU back via UPS 2 day. As luck would have it on the day of delivery and showing on the truck for delivery, the delivery never happened and UPS couldn't find the package!! Luckily for me it turned up the next day and was delivered to Intel. Intel shipped my replacement the same day and I received it the next day! Dropped it in, attached the heat sink and powered it up, back in business!! Two things I learned here, contact Intel directly don't use the website and insure the CPU or else as I was informed UPS is only liable for up to 100.00 dollars! By the way finally got a response from my original RMA request left on Intel's web site, 8 days after posting it!,,,, use chat or call, don't' request an RMA on their website!

My RMA for an i7-6700K was painless. I ran the intel test on it and it would fail the FPU sub-test, anywhere after about 200 iterations to as frequently as 1. I called intel's customer support number. Great conversation, a few emails were exchanged. I paid for a cross-shipping. The new chip was on my doorstep less than 48 hours after the initial call. I've got a few postings about it somewhere on [H].

It sounds like you got the right response the second time.

Between your experience and mine, I've got to support the "call them, don't fill out the web form" approach.

My RMA for an i7-6700K was painless. I ran the intel test on it and it would fail the FPU sub-test, anywhere after about 200 iterations to as frequently as 1. I called intel's customer support number. Great conversation, a few emails were exchanged. I paid for a cross-shipping. The new chip was on my doorstep less than 48 hours after the initial call. I've got a few postings about it somewhere on [H].

It sounds like you got the right response the second time.

Between your experience and mine, I've got to support the "call them, don't fill out the web form" approach.

I had the same experience when I had to RMA my i5-760. Whoever complains about Intel RMA must feel very self-entitled.

Back