Simmonz
2[H]4U
- Joined
- May 14, 2008
- Messages
- 2,504
Hey guys,
Do you think adding an Intel PRO/1000 GT would improve my minimum FPS in offline games at all ? I figure the onboard NIC has to be using some of my CPU power but I can't find any reviews of this NIC that show any gaming benchmarks. That doesn't surprise me but I was hoping some of you could give me an opinion of whether it is worth $43 if my goal is around a 5 FPS jump in minimum frame rate in certain games. The games in question are
Cryostasis
King's Bounty: The Legend
Mini Ninjas
Neverwinter Nights 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Resident Evil 5
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Saints Row 2
It's just I have around $45 to burn if I wanted and the price fits. I am planning to upgrade my CPU to an X2 555 but that's at least a couple months off looking at my bills. Thanks for your time.
Do you think adding an Intel PRO/1000 GT would improve my minimum FPS in offline games at all ? I figure the onboard NIC has to be using some of my CPU power but I can't find any reviews of this NIC that show any gaming benchmarks. That doesn't surprise me but I was hoping some of you could give me an opinion of whether it is worth $43 if my goal is around a 5 FPS jump in minimum frame rate in certain games. The games in question are
Cryostasis
King's Bounty: The Legend
Mini Ninjas
Neverwinter Nights 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Resident Evil 5
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Saints Row 2
It's just I have around $45 to burn if I wanted and the price fits. I am planning to upgrade my CPU to an X2 555 but that's at least a couple months off looking at my bills. Thanks for your time.