Intel Launches New Desktop Processors

Have they fixed the hardware to address all of the vulnerabilities on their architecture? Or are we going to have to disable HT and decrease performance by 25%+ by installing the shitty bandaid fix software patches.......

If the answer to any of these is no, why would anyone want to pay that much for an Intel CPU that will get nowhere near the performance they are advertising?.....

...OOOORRRRR, now hear me out...

You could donate those parts to someone like me rocking an I7 4770 NON-K on a Asus pre-built with a 1060 6GB and 16GB ram and a VERY SLOW HDD...

Just sayin'.

:D
I don't know about donate, but I'll consider a good deal for you if it's going to a good home and not resold. Just PM me.

Have they fixed the hardware to address all of the vulnerabilities on their architecture? Or are we going to have to disable HT and decrease performance by 25%+ by installing the shitty bandaid fix software patches.......

If the answer to any of these is no, why would anyone want to pay that much for an Intel CPU that will get nowhere near the performance they are advertising?.....
Don't worry. Intel disabled the HT for you, since only the 9900K comes with it. lol

-----------------
(I know I know, I said I'd be quiet...)
As for that ASUS board, that answers my question on why we didn't see that 28C 5GHz chip materialize in this launch... heh
"32 Power Phase, Dual 24-Pin, Quad 8-Pin, Dual 6-Pin Power Inputs"
The 32 phases isn't a surprise, we knew that'd be on those boards since Computex, but all of those power plugs I wasn't aware of.

IMO it seems to indicate that Intel has seriously come up against that same sort of power wall that 1st-gen Ryzen did at roughly the 4GHz mark (though, it starts manifesting around 3.8 when 1.25V doesn't cut it). In other words, they've reached the end of either their architecture's, or manufacturing process's capabilities and so any meaningful overclock is going to require bucket-loads of power (Exhibit A...SUS), and an ATV radiator with a water chiller. :confused:

but can a z370 board boot up and flash to the latest bios with a 9th gen CPU just using general compatability fallbacks or does UEFI block bootups on unrecognized CPUs.
Yes. Most can flash without a CPU at all.

I've generally been seeing that referenced for higher end MSI/Asus boards and not the EVGA z370 FTW I'm messing with, but I'm so far behind in hardware that I've got of modernizing to learn.
Read the manual for your specific board?

i3-9000 should be damn snappy for a base computer/ internet.
hopefully the price is what kaby was, around $119 but I doubt it.

3.7, 4 cores at 65W, should run cool with stock cooler.

my kaby i3 idles at 75F and it's been rock solid.

i3-9000 should be damn snappy for a base computer/ internet.

I'm not terribly sure why they would make such a CPU- the 7000- and 8000- series really have the low-end covered pretty well, unless they just want to drop prices per clock and core further.

Which I'm fine with!

But they could just drop the prices on current CPU SKUs to accomplish the same thing.

An i3 quad-core with HT would be cool, especially if it fit into the C246 boards and took ECC :D.

The bios update bit is a bit scant in the 134-KS-E377.pdf manual (p47). It talks about putting the bios file on a usb drive but makes no mention of the required hardware (memory, cpu). It's OK Kyle, I'm not trying to get tech support from you so much as inquire about your experience with how boards handle not-officially-supported/unrecognized CPUs and if they limp along well enough to do a bios update.
Give it a try?

Back