Intel Launches its Most Secure Data Center Processor

HardOCP News

[H] News
Combining unprecedented security, performance and energy efficiency, Intel Corporation today launched the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5600 series. The new processors deliver two new security features -- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI), and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) -- that enable faster encryption and decryption performance for more secure transactions and virtualized environments, providing data centers with a stronger foundation for cloud security.

Looks like the X5650 is already listed on provantage for $1025.50. Close enough to the 980X pricing, though you do lose some clock speed but gain the ability to use more than one.

Looks like the X5650 is already listed on provantage for $1025.50. Close enough to the 980X pricing, though you do lose some clock speed but gain the ability to use more than one.

3.33 -> 2.66 is a fair bit.

Indeed. Not many other options to go with though, if you need two processors.

E5620 looks like it will be the cpu to get to have a quad-core 32nm. I wonder how well they would overclock. Still gets full 12MB L3 too. Sounds like it would be fun...

E5620 looks like it will be the cpu to get to have a quad-core 32nm. I wonder how well they would overclock. Still gets full 12MB L3 too. Sounds like it would be fun...

Yeah, that was just like I though also. Though even those lowest models are still too expensive. :(

Back