Intel Ivy Bridge Retail Shipments Came in Monday

Thanks Motaa, appreciate the confirmation and early heads up. I'll be looking out for the lower TDP S series.

that inventory screenshot looks like Fry's

$339.99 for the 3770k when i have an un-opened 2600k for $199.99, looks like i'm just going to save the $140 and build my system tonight

What price you were expecting?

seriously

I would consider $339.99 a great deal. I don't think that price is retail, sounds like cost, too low until maybe launch day plus 30.

that inventory screenshot looks like Fry's

$339.99 for the 3770k when i have an un-opened 2600k for $199.99, looks like i'm just going to save the $140 and build my system tonight

I to will just stick with my 2600k and skip this gen, but you can not really compare MC pricing on processors. This is especially true when they have one of those insane facebook/rock bottom sales.

2600k is back to 279.99 in store at MC and $309 at the egg.

I wonder if the IB chips will convince me to move on past my PII :p
I admire Intel's fair pricing for SB and IB though. I really just want to see some reviews!

This

I got in on the 2600k deal, but I'm still tempted to just go with IB anyway. If there is a combo, it probably would be worth it. The 29th is the last day that I can return the 2600k (though I doubt I'd have an issue selling it on the forums for what I paid either).

Crap price, I tell ya. Hopefully MC's price is better (as we have come to know).

I would consider $339.99 a great deal. I don't think that price is retail, sounds like cost, too low until maybe launch day plus 30.

Nope, that's retail. It's higher than 1K bulk unit cost of $324 (iirc), and for a large retail chain that probably has been allocated a couple/few 10K units, their cost would be even lower. Now the real trick is seeing if they will inflate the price above $340 come launch day.

Price for the i5-k?

Also are you going to be marking down the sandybridge chips once IB goes retail?

Looks like $250. That sucks. So now Intel is up to a $250 minimum if you want to overclock. Man I hope AMD can make this a competitive CPU market again.

Crap price, I tell ya. Hopefully MC's price is better (as we have come to know).
I have found some things cheaper at Fry's than at MC. But it does appear the MC is better for CPUs or combos. $340 for a 3770k, ouchierama. I would rather not go with an i5, but may not have any choice unless Amazon comes through. :(

I have found some things cheaper at Fry's than at MC. But it does appear the MC is better for CPUs or combos. $340 for a 3770k, ouchierama. I would rather not go with an i5, but may not have any choice unless Amazon comes through. :(

It's well known that MC sell's CPUs at a loss.

Looks like $250. That sucks. So now Intel is up to a $250 minimum if you want to overclock. Man I hope AMD can make this a competitive CPU market again.

That's not Intel pricing, that's what the retailer is choosing to price it at. Intel doesn't care what a retailer sells it for.

people on anandtech are talking about it being available on newegg tonight but who knows

Doubt it, but that would be awesome if true. I was at Frys today and ALMOST bought a 2600k after the guy told me it had a 15 day return period but ultimately decided against it. Honestly the main reason I considered it wasn't because of my impatients (although that's part of it) but because I already have all my other components and wanted to be sure nothing is defective. Oh well, I'll take my chances. I did pickup a 240GB Intel 520 SSD and will be gutting my case and installing everything (minus CPU) tonight. At least this way I can take my time with cable management instead of speeding through the build process to fire it up.

That's not Intel pricing, that's what the retailer is choosing to price it at. Intel doesn't care what a retailer sells it for.

Maybe but Intel sales it to them for a particular price and they all have about the same markup percentage. So if theyre selling 2500K's for $225 and 3750K's for $250 that meanst that Intel is charging them $25 more for it.

Newegg China has Ivy Bridge listed so good chance later tonight or tomorrow it will go live on the USA site.

Maybe but Intel sales it to them for a particular price and they all have about the same markup percentage. So if theyre selling 2500K's for $225 and 3750K's for $250 that meanst that Intel is charging them $25 more for it.

That's not necessarily true

newegg china has them in stock, so I'd assume newegg will get them tomorrow.
Also waiting on reviews though

Yeah cant wait for these reviews. As an AMD fanboy Im hoping for very modest gains. Thatll give AMD a chance to catch up hopefully. That would make for a competitive CPU market again. If Ivy Bridge comes out with 25+% gains over Sandy Bridge, its gonna be REALLY hard for AMD to catch up.

no IB at any of the major e-tailers. And no reviews to be found.

I'll check again at 8 am

I can't stop trying searching for more info, will I be able to buy and get the chip shipped tomorrow, or is it just preorder. What is going to OC better and play faster with SC2 and Diable 3(3770k vs 3570k). I can't believe those Fry's pricing, seem 20-30 more than it should retail online from all the leaks I have seen and also just based off Wikipedia pricing estimates which put it at $313 and $212. I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight.

I can't stop trying searching for more info, will I be able to buy and get the chip shipped tomorrow, or is it just preorder. What is going to OC better and play faster with SC2 and Diable 3(3770k vs 3570k). I can't believe those Fry's pricing, seem 20-30 more than it should retail online from all the leaks I have seen and also just based off Wikipedia pricing estimates which put it at $313 and $212. I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight.
Yeah, those prices are nuts. I guess that store is going to take advantage of the people holding off for IB, but they will have to lower their prices pretty quickly because there will be cheaper places to get the chips. I think we are going to have to wait for the reviews to find out whether the 3570k or 3770k OC better. IMHO the extra cache is a detriment to OCing. Back in the days of the initial Celerons which came out with no cache, you could OC the hell out of them. But since both these chips have cache it may not matter. If you are staying up late, you have plenty of time to read through 57 pages here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1242313/more-ivy-bridge-benchmarks-sandybridge-comparison-3770k-vs-2600k-performance-temps-etc-couple-of-ln2-scores-are-up

I too am waiting for Ivy bridge and Diablo 3. All I ask is to have my system up and running by May 14th. I really hope Ivy bridge has enough stock.
Originally I thought that ivy bridge would be the last component I'd need to complete a build but I'm now worried a 680 would be the hardest to get by D3 release; looking at 680 stock lately, I doubt it'll get much better by the middle of May, especially with rumors indicating other 6xx parts coming out may 5th+10th using gk104s too... I'm not sure how that's going to work out

Also it is a little dissapointing if the above picture is accurate and indicates prices will be like that everywhere. Especially the 3570k.. Ugh, it's $34 more than I thought it'd be...

Even if overclocking isn't as bad as some preliminary "previews", I still wish I had a MC near me so I could have snagged a 2600k for $200 and have the peace of mind.

I guess the bright side of not being able to getting either, is waiting for better after markets from nvidia (ftws lightnings etc.) and see how the toxic/atomics turn out for sapphire, as well as waiting for revisions on ivy bridge to sork out any kinks if there are any in release.

The problem is all I have now is a 4 year old laptop with a 9800 in it... no problem playing d3, but I still have a copy of Bf3 + skyrim +dozens of other games that came out after 2010, waiting to be played on a proper setup...

youghmama,
thanks for the link, been looking for new information to read as I've tapped out so much the past couple of months...and today/tomorrow is when I would like as much stuff to read as possible, haha (along with any clicking of buy buttons of course).

going to eat beets while I read this, hopefully I'll have enough leftover to pay newegg for the 3770k. they accept beetpal right?

Well after that review my biggest hope is that the SB prices come down at least a little bit. Not looking good though.

lol, isee what you did there. however, i did not see what kind of cooling they used to hit their alleged 4.92GHz at 1.520v... im just really tired i guess. maybe i go watch last night's the killing on tivo and fall asleep until 10am

It's past 12:15 am April 23, 2012 and no sign on of IVB on any sites such as newegg, microcenter, frys, central computer, amazon.... No prepared reviews being added to the hardware review sites, guess this was a false alarm. Time to sleep, have a meeting at 9:30 am. :(

yeah, hopefully lots of info will be released around 10am e.s.t. like someone mentioned. I'm doubting retail will come today, maybe oem variety (laptops probably) and nda-lifted is today, and retail is on 29th?

anyway gl guys

yanked again. google has a snapshot but no cache

It was quite a poor review anyways, it showed very minor gains on the 2600k, but was not thorough at all in regards to actual tdp reduction, and it seems they need a super high overvoltage to reach I think it was 4.9GHz(1.52V). They didn't talk about temperature when OC and the game coverage in the test was severely lacking. Guess I'll head to bed and see what pops up while at work tomorrow.

It was quite a poor review anyways, it showed very minor gains on the 2600k, but was not thorough at all in regards to actual tdp reduction, and it seems they need a super high overvoltage to reach I think it was 4.9GHz(1.52V). They didn't talk about temperature when OC and the game coverage in the test was severely lacking. Guess I'll head to bed and see what pops up while at work tomorrow.

:eek: if they mentioned 1.52v but don't talk about temperature, maybe that's a good thing.

Back