Intel is dead to me.... :)

Going from Intel to ECS is not a step forward. While there's a certain rate of failure, Intel boards are known for being rock solid stable, what PSU are you running?

Before I get started. one long beep is memory. Try one stick at a time and see if it will boot or beg borrow a known good stick.

Nothing wrong with it but nothing right about it either, I see minimal (read none) mosfet cooling for the cpu voltage regulation circuit. While the cpu voltage regulation circuitry does use "solid" caps I see an awful lot of the old style alum electrolytic types on other parts of the board. In fairness its the filter caps for the voltage regulation that get the heavy use so they covered that. But other boards in that price range have all "solid" caps. I do like the "basic" design of the MCH/Northbridge cooler as it is easily suited to have a fan glued to it if you OC (which you should, at least some). This leads me to the main issues I would have with this board. I have not see the bios for this board. It would be detailed in the manual (and downloading and reading the bios section is highly recommended) but offhand I have no idea of the bios features. Second, there are not a lot of ECS users here. So support from friends here if you run into trouble would be limited. ECS may have a great user support forum, or not. Something to check out. I know nothing about warranty and RMA on this board, something else to check out.

Just because they are known entities and widely used with good reports (of course here we most hear from the small percentage of people that do have trouble) I like thiese board better , here are my recommedations for an under 100 bucks board. (an Asus and a Gigabte)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1516097

I have an OCZ 550w PSU. I have 4GB OCZ in 4 slots.

Yeah, I didn't want to go ECS either, but I without upgrading the CPU, I am stuck with that or the P43 Intel board.

I will check the memory and look for a bad dimm.

I'm in the same boat, in a way. I just bought a DP43TF for around $80-90 from Amazon, and it's been a good board. I have been sticking with Intel brand boards mainly because of how solid they've been for me.

It says the following:

"It's built in the full-size ATX form factor and comes with dual PCI-Express 2.0 x16 graphics connectors and can utilize DDR3 SDRAM DIMM chips in 800, 1066 or 1333 MHz speeds with up to 16 GB of memory spread across the four slots. As fast as it is, you can overclock it for even more performance. "

So yes.

lol, I didn't even read that. The specs did not mention it. Usually that blurb says something stupid like "Is Intel your next board, they make your cpu's why not your motherboard too?!"

I skip the sales @#$@#

actually, Intel didn't ask for a proof of purchase in the RMA request. I will submit the board and see what they do.

Intel boards are no longer made by Intel these days. For awhile they were made by Foxcon but that's getting ready to change.

Asus or Gigabyte all the way for quality & ease of use.

I've had luck using Biostar for cheap boards but they are a royal PIA if anything goes wrong or sometimes just setting them up. Just watch that you don't get one using VIA chip sets for everything.

I'm in the same boat, in a way. I just bought a DP43TF for around $80-90 from Amazon, and it's been a good board. I have been sticking with Intel brand boards mainly because of how solid they've been for me.

intel boards manufactured by asus/ecs/foxconn. so they will pretty much be as solid as an asus/ecs/foxconn. how solid that is would be debatable.

Me saying they've been solid isn't just confined to the build quality of the board. It also adds in the stability, the easy of setup, the easy of install, their long-term reliability, etc. I currently have six Intel brand motherboards at home, seven if you count an older board I have no procs for, and all have been great. No gimmicks, no third party drive controllers, just easy to install, and easy to use.

Intel has always had a rock solid rep. I have 3 of their boards running 24x7 for movie server, tv server and the gaming rig. The movie server board also failed right out of 1 year too. It lost all the legacy ports, then couldnt power the usb, then dead.

I wonder about the rep now.

intel boards manufactured by asus/ecs/foxconn. so they will pretty much be as solid as an asus/ecs/foxconn. how solid that is would be debatable.

Intel designs the boards if I recall correctly. Foxconn or whomever will simply build the board to the specifications outlined by Intel. Nothing more, nothing less. Any company can build a board, but not every company can engineer them. You are paying for Intel engineering and the name when you buy one of their boards. I've found Intel boards built by Foxconn or other companies to be as solid as anything else with the Intel name on it. Foxconn can build great boards and have proven that with some of their own branded boards. They've also built total crap too. Anyone remember the NVIDIA reference boards? I don't blame Foxconn for those but rather the shitty design NVIDIA submitted to them.

Intel designs the boards if I recall correctly. Foxconn or whomever will simply build the board to the specifications outlined by Intel. Nothing more, nothing less. Any company can build a board, but not every company can engineer them. You are paying for Intel engineering and the name when you buy one of their boards. I've found Intel boards built by Foxconn or other companies to be as solid as anything else with the Intel name on it. Foxconn can build great boards and have proven that with some of their own branded boards. They've also built total crap too. Anyone remember the NVIDIA reference boards? I don't blame Foxconn for those but rather the shitty design NVIDIA submitted to them.

Yes, Foxconn is one of the subcontractors for the Intel-branded motherboards. Other companies which may build select motherboards for Intel include Pegatron (Asus' ODM/OEM manufacturing division, which is about to be spun off into a separate company that will be indirectly owned by Asus through one of its wholly-owned subsidiaries) and ECS.

Back