Intel Iris Xe GPU Spotted With An Impressive 1650 MHz Overclock

erek

[H]F Junkie
“A performance comparison for the Intel Xe GPUs in the Geekbench 5 OpenCL benchmark was posted by Harukaze5719 on Twitter and shows that the discrete GPU featured alongside the i7-1185G7 is about as fast as the Radeon Pro 5300M. Intel has showcased its latest branding for its Tiger Lake CPUs which launch on 2nd September and we will keep you updated with more info related to Tiger Lake processors and notebooks featuring them.”

https://wccftech.com/intel-iris-xe-gpu-spotted-with-impressive-1650-mhz-overclock/amp/

Hmm. For a low-end part, that’s pretty decent performance.

more interested in seeing how it scales to the high end, assuming intel is eventhinking about going there or just trying to flood the mainstream market with competitive parts and make their (consumer side, at least) money in volume.

If this were a discrete GPU then I'm not impressed, but it seems like this is part of a APU, which does sound very impressive. The Iris pro graphics were impressive years ago, but never found their way much outside of Apple laptops. If you find Broadwell with Iris Pro graphics then the price of a discrete GPU would have better results and lower cost. I'm hoping that Intel sells desktop CPU's with Iris Xe graphics because that could very well change the GPU game.

If this were a discrete GPU then I'm not impressed, but it seems like this is part of a APU, which does sound very impressive. The Iris pro graphics were impressive years ago, but never found their way much outside of Apple laptops. If you find Broadwell with Iris Pro graphics then the price of a discrete GPU would have better results and lower cost. I'm hoping that Intel sells desktop CPU's with Iris Xe graphics because that could very well change the GPU game.
I would expect them too, but I don’t think they will year 1 outside of OEM systems. Year 2 I could see them going after the mid range, but I don’t see them trying for the high end until they have their 7nm hammered out. I doubt they like the idea of paying TSMC to make their GPU’s.

Most impressive would be for them to have the drivers hammered out for this thing. Their current drivers are pretty solid, but if this architecture is a substantial change, well, Intel hasn't done that in a while.
I was somewhat disappointed that Iris Pro didn't become a common thing. Pretty versatile tech in places where alternatives are very rare, like ultrabooks.

If this were a discrete GPU then I'm not impressed, but it seems like this is part of a APU, which does sound very impressive.
As a comparison, the Ryzen 3 4300G and GE are running 1700MHz.

Which isn't to discredit Intel -- those are serious gains against their previous IGPs. I see this as a win for UMPCs, and I'm a fan of that form factor so much that there can be no brand loyalty if the performance is (or isn't) there.

Back