• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel i7 920 C0/1 vs D0

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
11,464
How much better are the D0 chips on average? Do they run cooler?
 
Very mixed results on this.

Definately not a replay of the B3/G0 Q6600 situation.
 
Very mixed results on this.

Definately not a replay of the B3/G0 Q6600 situation.
yeah that was my only real reference point
I'm more concerned with which one will give me low temps at 3.6GHz
 
It depends on the batch, not the stepping. The initial batch(es) of d0 chips happened to be very good ones, hence all of the "zomg d0 is a much better overclocker" despite the Intel specsheet clearly stating that the only differences are bugfixes and cosmetic changes, nothing to do with lower power consumption. Perhaps they have better quality control since these new d0s, we don't know, but assuming you can get an early d0 (which I guess is likely), it'll probably be better than most c0s on average.
 
Bugfixes are worth it....
I would imagine that any bugs in a processor platform like that that is in a lot of hands without major issue are unlikely to be seen outside of a very expensive lab packed like a sardine can with computer scientists and engineers with advanced degrees.
 
I would imagine that any bugs in a processor platform like that that is in a lot of hands without major issue are unlikely to be seen outside of a very expensive lab packed like a sardine can with computer scientists and engineers with advanced degrees.

And yet still worth it. If they weren't worth having fixed, then Intel wouldn't pay to fix them.
 
I switched from a C0 to a D0 and it cost me 50 bucks IMO it was worth it, I get better clocks with less voltage. Although if you are not overclocking a lot then stay with C0
 
I switched from a C0 to a D0 and it cost me 50 bucks IMO it was worth it, I get better clocks with less voltage. Although if you are not overclocking a lot then stay with C0

yea i wont be oc'ing till i get either a TRUE or a water cool setup. stuff aint cheap!
 
Back
Top