Intel HD Audio replacement cable

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Alright, I'm looking for something like this FrontX cable but with an Azalia/Intel HD pinout instead of AC97, at 'least I think that one's AC97; I'm sleep deprived right now and my brain's fried... I can't for the life of me find this anywhere, all I've found are extension cables that plug in on the header end (it doesn't help that the terms Intel/HD/front are so generic).

I'm looking for this because I'm gonna yank out my case's existing front-panel cables pretty soon, I'm gonna try to mount a USB 3.0 bracket where the case's existing mini-PCB houses audio & USB 2.0 ports. The USB 3.0 bracket looks something like this, got one bundled in w/my RMA'd MSI P67A-GD55, nice little bonus.

Now, I realize that front-panel audio outputs are generally poor-to-average at best... SQ-wise I might even be better off just running a long patch cord from the sound card's rear ports (an X-Fi Ti btw) to my desk and swapping speakers/headphones manually... But I really didn't wanna leave two unused holes where the existing audio jacks are, heh, kind of OCD-ish I guess.

Hrm, even my active monitor's front headphone jack might be better actually, pretty sure it's amp'd. Guess I should compare it later, I don't think I've ever bothered to. Can't even remember if it mutes the monitors...

Back