• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel HD Audio replacement cable

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2001
Messages
10,232
Alright, I'm looking for something like this FrontX cable but with an Azalia/Intel HD pinout instead of AC97, at 'least I think that one's AC97; I'm sleep deprived right now and my brain's fried... I can't for the life of me find this anywhere, all I've found are extension cables that plug in on the header end (it doesn't help that the terms Intel/HD/front are so generic).

I'm looking for this because I'm gonna yank out my case's existing front-panel cables pretty soon, I'm gonna try to mount a USB 3.0 bracket where the case's existing mini-PCB houses audio & USB 2.0 ports. The USB 3.0 bracket looks something like this, got one bundled in w/my RMA'd MSI P67A-GD55, nice little bonus.
 
Now, I realize that front-panel audio outputs are generally poor-to-average at best... SQ-wise I might even be better off just running a long patch cord from the sound card's rear ports (an X-Fi Ti btw) to my desk and swapping speakers/headphones manually... But I really didn't wanna leave two unused holes where the existing audio jacks are, heh, kind of OCD-ish I guess.

Hrm, even my active monitor's front headphone jack might be better actually, pretty sure it's amp'd. Guess I should compare it later, I don't think I've ever bothered to. Can't even remember if it mutes the monitors...
 
Back
Top