• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel HD 4000 + PCI-E cards?

NetTechie

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
251
Apparently the onboard video with the Intel HD 4000 isn't disabled when you plug in a PCI-E video card to the board. I'm wondering, what setup gives you the maximum monitors connected to the onboard video?

If I understand correctly, the boards with a DVI/VGA/HDMI connection gives you 1 video output, but if you get a board that has a Displayport/HDMI/HDMI outputs it can run two monitors on the onboard video? Am I confused?

I'm looking at upgrading to an Intel i7 setup, and the boards I'm considering are the MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, and the MSI Z87 MPower Max. Only the MPower has the Displayport connection.
 
I have a Z87-GD65 gaming and according to the manual it is capable of driving 3 displays 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI all at the same time in either extended or clone mode.
 
Apparently the onboard video with the Intel HD 4000 isn't disabled when you plug in a PCI-E video card to the board. I'm wondering, what setup gives you the maximum monitors connected to the onboard video?

If I understand correctly, the boards with a DVI/VGA/HDMI connection gives you 1 video output, but if you get a board that has a Displayport/HDMI/HDMI outputs it can run two monitors on the onboard video? Am I confused?
Incorrect: The onboard can output to up to 3 displays at once.
 
While there is a pci-express video card installed as well? That's the part that has me a bit confused, I read an earlier post on this forum about it (not sure what chipset they were using?) but it said only 1 output at the same time as a pci express video card is installed. If it could do three that would be awesome.
 
Does not matter if there is a pci-e card installed or not it is separate. With only one discrete card installed depending on the card used you could drive 6 to 7 monitors using both.
 
Sweet, I posted on the old thread just to get it corrected... I might not have checked and assumed it accurate. It came up when I searched google about this.

I have an Accell Displayport MST hub, so I can run 9 then, with the onboard video.
 
Depends on the discrete card used the GD65 gaming does not have a display port.
 
Oh I see what you meant. No I mean 9 combined, using the different ports available. Very neat.
 
Back
Top