Intel E8500 C2D CPU & ECS MB Combo $135 Fry's B&M (1 day sale 12/26)

nxcess

2[H]4U
This is smoking hot. I've been meaning to get a C2D and I couldn't pass this deal up. It wasn't posted in my local Fry's ad but it was in the computer when they looked it up. The processor alone is $188 from Newegg alone.

Fry's ad

what MB does it come with? I just bought a micro ATX MB and e5200 for mroe than that...
Link to Add or something? How do I get this deal? I can still cancel my order I think
'

Whoa, this deal was posted way late for today.

Such an insane price, gd I wish I had a frys nearby

Sorry for the late post. I, unfortunately, had to work today. Didn't get the chance to confirm the deal til I actually bought it from Fry's.

Just got back from my local Fry's :D
Call ahead of time to check if they still have them in stock, it's an awesome deal.

$135 + tax (no MIR) out the door for E8500 and ECS G31T-M. The mobo got listed separately on the receipt for $40.14, so as long as I get back within 15 days, looks like I'll end up with a $102 E8500 to go with the $50 P182 from Black Saturday toward my next build. The cashier said there would be a sale on New Year's day, so it might be worth it to wait a few more days if anyone else is buying for a new build.

edit: Looks like I got an E0 stepping too :D

That is a really sweet deal.That mobo is junk but what the hell that is a sweet price for the cpu.You can just sell the mobo for $10 and get rid of it to make your cpu even cheaper.

SUPER HOT DEAL

Just called fountain valley Frys and after being put on hold for almost 30 minutes the person on the other line told me it's out of stock in their store and all the other Frys in California. However, I would only take her word with a grain of salt. No offense to you ladies out there but women in customer service have proven to me time after time that they would do anything in their powers to make their jobs easier at the expense of the customer. :p

Call ahead of time to check if they still have them in stock, it's an awesome deal.
Was the CPU tray or boxed? I passed on the deal this morning when I went because I just bought a Q8200 + ECS G33 for $130 a few weeks ago.

Just called fountain valley Frys and after being put on hold for almost 30 minutes the person on the other line told me it's out of stock in their store and all the other Frys in California. However, I would only take her word with a grin of salt. No offense to you ladies out there but women in customer service have proven to me time after time that they would do anything in their powers to make their jobs easier at the expense of the customer. :p
Sexist much?
So it is just females that do this... and not males?...

Damn you Fry's! I'm so sick of seeing these deals, and not being able to get in on them, because we don't have any stores here.

Sexist much?
So it is just females that do this... and not males?...

I have no intention whatsoever of crapping this thread- but this is just from MY experience, if you had good experiences then good for you; the whole point was for me to merely advise people to call back or see for themselves while at the same time noting in my post "NO OFFENSE".

My bad though, I won't speak my mind next time and instead simply tell people to see for themselves without stating the reason. :p

Seriously... you ppl who lives near Fry's have no idea how hard life is out here with no Fry's around... it's hard life...:(

I hate you all...

Seriously... you ppl who lives near Fry's have no idea how hard life is out here with no Fry's around... it's hard life...:(
Fry's r00lz. :p There was also an Antec TruePower Trio 430W for $19.99 (no rebates) and a bunch of other stuff on today's one day sale.

Don't even get me started on the clearance items... :D

Believe it or not. Fry is only great for certain things. Anything else, you're better off ordering online. I came from having no Fry's to having a Fry's near me. I still don't think it's all that great. Maybe cause I miss out on all the recent great deals. Antec P180 Mini for 29.00 or the Antec Trio & Earthwatt 430w for 19.99. It's whatever. I don't know how they do they're pricing though. One day an item can be cheap and the next they'll jack it up an extra hundred so they can make an older model looker cheaper.

they need to put one of there store's in toledo,oh or something close to me. but that is a awesome deal. i need to make a friend on here who lives by one. so i send them money and get for me! :D since there is none around me : (

i would anybody like to be my friend to help me get stuff from there cheap! :D ;)

Just called fountain valley Frys and after being put on hold for almost 30 minutes the person on the other line told me it's out of stock in their store and all the other Frys in California. However, I would only take her word with a grain of salt. No offense to you ladies out there but women in customer service have proven to me time after time that they would do anything in their powers to make their jobs easier at the expense of the customer. :p

Trust her. It's all sold out. I was at Anaheim location around 3pm, and sold out.
Such an awesome deal, E8500 E0 easily overclocks to 4ghz+

$135 + tax (no MIR) out the door for E8500 and ECS G31T-M. The mobo got listed separately on the receipt for $40.14, so as long as I get back within 15 days, looks like I'll end up with a $102 E8500 to go with the $50 P182 from Black Saturday toward my next build. The cashier said there would be a sale on New Year's day, so it might be worth it to wait a few more days if anyone else is buying for a new build.

I don't think you can just return the mobo only. Even though they were printed seperately on the receipt, you must return them together since it was a combo deal.

I almost bought this deal, but I was there to buy other stuff for my family's computer :(

But fry's pricing confuses me as well. They were selling a 500GB seagate HD for $100. And literally on top of those HD's they were selling 1TB seagate HDs for the exact same price.

Makes no sense to me

I was at Fry's today and no mention of this deal.... I would have bought...darn

You can return a mobo that is part of a bundle now? I was explicitly told I couldn't in August.

I was at Fry's today and no mention of this deal.... I would have bought...darn
You have to ask them for it.

yeah you can't return the motherboard just by itself. The receipt should explicitly say that it is a combo deal. I tried doing that very recently with the Q9550 combo deal they had and I wasn't allowed to return it without returning the processor as well

The package deals list the mobo/CPU separately but they are treated as a combo package - you will not be able to return the mobo and get a refund on that portion of it, doesn't work that way. Fry's might have ridiculously insane prices sometimes, but they ain't that stupid. :)

Still a smoking deal even if the motherboard is a POS, an E8500 alone is worth quite a bit more than that price. Congratulations to anyone who got one and keep your eyes peeled, I'd expect another hot CPU/motherboard bundle sometime in the next few weeks.

The package deals list the mobo/CPU separately but they are treated as a combo package - you will not be able to return the mobo and get a refund on that portion of it, doesn't work that way. Fry's might have ridiculously insane prices sometimes, but they ain't that stupid. :)

Considering you're saving about ~$53 below the newegg cost (as of this post) and getting a mobo on top of that, but still 50 bucks beneath the processor price, I'd say you're already walking away with a hell of a fricking deal. If you're asking for anything sweeter than that, you're just being greedy.

Bah I slept all day. Had I known about this I totally would have drove down to Frys. Hopfully they have another smoking deal like that foe new years.

. Fry's might have ridiculously insane prices sometimes, but they ain't that stupid. :)

Well not stupid for long anyway. IIRC, People were still able to return the mobo portion of those combos up until May or June of this year.

IIRC, People were still able to return the mobo portion of those combos up until May or June of this year.
Not in general. I have only once been able to separately return the motherboard, and that was several years ago. It has been the policy for many years that combo items are supposed to be returned together. There's an occassional story here and there about someone being successful, but it's not something you can count on.
------

I'm looking at the E5200 combo for $79.99 today.

Well not stupid for long anyway. IIRC, People were still able to return the mobo portion of those combos up until May or June of this year.

I have never been able to return the MB without returning both.....

I went to 4 fys after the OP and none of them had this in stock, drove over 200 miles!

Manhattan Beach sold over 50? within the first couple hours of opening
Fountain Valled sold over 100 as well within first few hours
Anaheim sold over 150 within first couple hours....
Got to frys in San Diego and they were closing but the other stores reported them to only have 23 or 27 CPU's in stock to start with...

I guess at least I was chasing a real deal instead of theYMMV deals posted all the time for best buy that don't really exist in California...

Looks like my server will be on hold until another deal comes up, hopefully before 6 months or so and all my other hardware is out of date....

I cancled my newegg order for this, I really needed this deal on a CPU :(

Wow!... When I got mine earlier this year at $179 (same combo) it was a smoking deal. I still think it is. At $135 you'd be silly not to jump all over it. Heck! I'd have jumped all over another one for my wife's computer had I known in time. What a nice processor. I run mine with a slight overclock at 3.8GHz on an ABIT IP35-E with a BFG GTX260 (192) O/C and 4GB Wintec AMP-X DDR2-800. It runs like a scalded duck. Who cares about returning the motherboard...the price of the processor alone, justifies the cost. Sell the darn motherboard on Amazon or ebay. Why waste time driving back to the store. You can't return it alone anyway.

Wow!... When I got mine earlier this year at $179 (same combo) it was a smoking deal. I still think it is. At $135 you'd be silly not to jump all over it. Heck! I'd have jumped all over another one for my wife's computer had I known in time. What a nice processor. I run mine with a slight overclock at 3.8GHz on an ABIT IP35-E with a BFG GTX260 (192) O/C and 4GB Wintec AMP-X DDR2-800. It runs like a scalded duck. Who cares about returning the motherboard...the price of the processor alone, justifies the cost. Sell the darn motherboard on Amazon or ebay. Why waste time driving back to the store. You can't return it alone anyway.

Yea I was asking them to just sell me the processor since I was going to throw the MB in the recycle bin at work anyways...But they were all soldout of processors...everywhere. I didn't realize there was a second black friday this year but I had to work anyways so I had 0% chance...

Congrats too all of you that was able to get in on this deal.

If any of you are looking to get rid of the mobo ..... i would be able to give it a good home ! PM me

Thanks

IIRC, People were still able to return the mobo portion of those combos up until May or June of this year.

It was always their policy to return only the whole combo. Those who posted about successfully returning only part of it were either lucky or lying about it

Back