Intel DSA stopped working

fatryan

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an i7-8700 in my machine, which I've always kept updated with Intel Driver & Support Assistant (DSA). Out of nowhere a few weeks ago the DSA stopped working. When I click "Check for Updates", it opens the browser as normal and loads Intel's DSA page, but then it says "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan." It gives me the option to install DSA, which does not work since its already installed. I fully uninstalled then reinstalled DSA to no avail. I manually updated the UHD 630 driver, but I have other Intel devices I'd like to keep updated easily. Any idea what's going on here?

Never used driver updating software, not suprised it can fail hard. CPUs don't need updates all that often, maybe the iGPU on ocasion, but who uses that for anything but video encode, on an 8700?

Never used driver updating software, not suprised it can fail hard. CPUs don't need updates all that often, maybe the iGPU on ocasion, but who uses that for anything but video encode, on an 8700?
Ive been using Intel DSA for a couple years, and they put out pretty frequent updates for the UHD630 graphics as well as my intel network card. Ive probably had at least a dozen or so updates to each. I have an email into Intel about this, but so fart I've gotten no word back.

I use iGPU to encode surveillance video that records 24/7, and I also push an old Dell monitor with it cause Windows won't recognize it without something plugged into the board.

Im such an idiot. It was Brave blocking Intel's site! Don't know why Brave all of a sudden began blocking it, but that was definitely the issue!

Back